My LG V10 has burn in!

Zachary Boddy

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Is there any way you can show us a screenshot showing the burn-in? It's honestly surprising to hear of anyone having this issue, with an IPS LCD display (that is what the V10 has, is it not?).

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way you can show us a screenshot showing the burn-in? It's honestly surprising to hear of anyone having this issue, with an IPS LCD display (that is what the V10 has, is it not?).

You're right the V10 does have IPS LCD and does not cause burn in like the amoled screens do. Another reason I love the V10. Better display.

Kadene Harvey

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
Yeah it does have a IPS display. I was really surprised. I downloaded an app to hide the navigation buttons and turned down the brightness. Also I went on YouTube and found a video that plays a Red Green Blue video that plays for 2 hours. It actually works. I checked the display on a gray background and the burn in is gone. I'm going to be doing this regularly to maintain the display. I'm still shocked this can happen rather soon on a IPS panel as I got the phone 2 weeks ago. Thanks for the reply!

Posted via the Android Central App

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it does have a IPS display. I was really surprised. I downloaded an app to hide the navigation buttons and turned down the brightness. Also I went on YouTube and found a video that plays a Red Green Blue video that plays for 2 hours. It actually works. I checked the display on a gray background and the burn in is gone. I'm going to be doing this regularly to maintain the display. I'm still shocked this can happen rather soon on a IPS panel as I got the phone 2 weeks ago. Thanks for the reply!

That's not a burn in cuz a burn in won't disappear unless you changes panels which you didn't!

Posted via the Android Central App on my LG V10

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it does have a IPS display. I was really surprised. I downloaded an app to hide the navigation buttons and turned down the brightness.

You can go into your phone settings and hide the navigation buttons and also can turn down the brightness. No extra apps are needed for that.

Tadrift

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, that is not burn in, because that is permanent. You can get a shadow effect with many types of screens after they have had an image on for a while. They can be erased with white light.

Tarek Itani1

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
it is a problem with the interface because of white colors if you use app such as night filters the burn in thing will go try it and if some one can communicate with lg company to send us new interface it will be awsome.. lg v10 is a good phone and this problem is draining battery so fast