I'm considering buying the LG v10 or Note 4 instead of the Samsung Note 5.

Which phone to buy?

• Total voters

william63

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
My last 5 phones have been Samsung's. Blackjack II, S3, Note 3, S5 & the current Note 4 which I really like.
Not buying a Note 5 or S6 because they took away the removable battery and SD support.
I noticed the LG v10 has those, so when I switch from AT&T to Verizon in January, I'm thinking of getting one since my current Note 4 won't work with their service.
First I'm going to read the threads on the LG v10 forum to see how the LG v10 performs.
How many here have switched from the Samsung Note series to this LG v10?
I like this Note 4 a lot and notice the reviews are showing the Note 4 & LG v10 pretty even.
The problem I have is I am forced to buy a new phone as my current Note 4 won't work with Verizon.
Do I get a Verizon Note 4 or LG v10 or another brand? Maybe I should be asking this on the Samsung forum too?

Last edited:

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I've had both. I liked the v10 a lot more than the note. Not only that you've got more internal memory with the v10. Posting in either or subforum will give you an biased opinion. Since my family all has iPhones. I'm gonna sell my v10 and stick with my 6+ for the time being.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I had the note 2 then 4. Been a verizon customer since 1992. Both of these phones were awesome. What a dumb move for Samsung to eliminate the removable battery and sd. I wrote an article on the v10 listed in these forums. I've got it and actually like it quite a bit better than the note 4. Buy the way, had samsung kept the removable battery and sd slot, I'd be writing this from a note 5 instead of the v10.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
I came from being a loyal Samsung fan for years.. The s3, s4, and even loved the s5.. The my wife has the note 4, and I just upgraded my daughter from the note 3, to the note 5 for Xmas.. So I got to play with the note 5 for few weeks and man just kept thinking how I liked the notes and the cameras before Samsung nuetered the line, and I just couldn't bring myself to buying one for myself.. Then today I got this v10 and I'm already in love.. The lgv10 is everything the note 5 could have been.. Granted I switched to nova launcher and Google keyboard right away.. But right out the gate I can tell this is the phone I've been searching for all year..

mrtwohands

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I came to the v10 from the note 4. In all honestly I haven't missed the note 4 at all. The v10 is much nicer. Better camera and much smoother

Charles Collins

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I've had the Note 4 and V10. Tough choice, I'd lean towards the V10 becuase the camera is better. Updates are a crap-shoot on either. The Snapdragon 808 is newer, if not better than the 805. You'll likely have more custom ROM's, accessories, and most everything else with the Note 4 - plus discounts as its older. I like the second screen better than the S pen. Fingerprint scanner is better on V10 as is in hand grip and feel. You should be happy either way. I find LG's UI to be less horrible than Touchwiz and the V10 has never been the janky beast that my Note 4 was.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about the person in question I but I just cruise the timeline for latest posts and when I reply I do not even know which forum I am in. I could have easily said something similar not noticing I am in the lg forum and would be resented. It is easy to just quickly express an opinion without realizing how loyal people are to a brand.

william63

Banned
Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I don't know about the person in question I but I just cruise the timeline for latest posts and when I reply I do not even know which forum I am in. I could have easily said something similar not noticing I am in the lg forum and would be resented. It is easy to just quickly express an opinion without realizing how loyal people are to a brand.

Yeah, if I posted my question in the Samsung category, most would say Samsung is better.
However the responses I wanted were from former Samsung Note owners. So the thread here worked... I wouldn't have gotten that over in the Samsung area.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, if I posted my question in the Samsung category, most would say Samsung is better.
However the responses I wanted were from former Samsung Note owners. So the thread here worked... I wouldn't have gotten that over in the Samsung area.
No criticism meant just an explanation of how what some perceive as trollish behavior may not be. I couldn't answer the question because all of my smartphones have been moto or sammy. I've never owned an LG. There are some features of my Samsung tv which work best with Sammy phone. I bet if I bought an new LG tv (the best in the world right now) I would try an LG phone. I must admit though I hate the back buttons.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
No criticism meant just an explanation of how what some perceive as trollish behavior may not be. I couldn't answer the question because all of my smartphones have been moto or sammy. I've never owned an LG. There are some features of my Samsung tv which work best with Sammy phone. I bet if I bought an new LG tv (the best in the world right now) I would try an LG phone. I must admit though I hate the back buttons.

Not sure but the IR blaster in my LG phone works like a charm on those sammmy tvs...

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Not sure but the IR blaster in my LG phone works like a charm on those sammmy tvs...

I am referring to the interface with Samsung Smart TV. There are some built in apps that interface. I have no doubt there may be a work-around

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
I am referring to the interface with Samsung Smart TV. There are some built in apps that interface. I have no doubt there may be a work-around

I know you were.. I was just making the gentle jab about the IR blaster I have that they removed from your note.. :)

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Not MY Note! LOL Ikept my Note 3 specifically because of ir blaster. I don't care about removable battery (though the note 5 battery is too low in capacity imo) nor the sd card (though 64 gb should be standard or priced less with no sd card) but I really like the ir blaster. Very few people care but I have my Note 3 programmed to run just about everything from tv's to air conditioner and I would hate to lose that capability. The higher price of Note 5 also kept me away. Unfortunately I fear ir blaster will never be back in a Samsung.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Not MY Note! LOL Ikept my Note 3 specifically because of ir blaster. I don't care about removable battery (though the note 5 battery is too low in capacity imo) nor the sd card (though 64 gb should be standard or priced less with no sd card) but I really like the ir blaster. Very few people care but I have my Note 3 programmed to run just about everything from tv's to air conditioner and I would hate to lose that capability. The higher price of Note 5 also kept me away. Unfortunately I fear ir blaster will never be back in a Samsung.

Try the v10.. It will remind you of your note 3

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Try the v10.. It will remind you of your note 3

I've tried it out in the Best Buy. I was interested. It is too big for me and I hate the back buttons. I might already have an LG if not for the back side buttons but it would be the smaller model. I find the Note right at the edge of too big. I would go a little smaller but not bigger...not even a millimeter. I forget the name of the smaller one. The G4? I really wanted to buy it and tried it out again and again but I just don't like buttons on the back.

John Shaw5

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
I am new to T-mobile from Verizon, coming from Note 3 to V10, so far it has been a good experience. I understand why consumer reports gave T-mobile the best ranking. I too was a loyal Samsung Note user, until Sammy decided not to listen to its customers. I am loving the v10 experience.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol