Anyone Getting Malware Pop Ups ???

Capt Gary

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Running a stock V10... Added a Moto 360 for Xmas & loaded Moto's app, WatchMaker Premium, Moto Connect & Moto Body.....all from PlayStore.
I DID install & run 360 Security app, but deleted it......
I randomly am getting a pop up:
"Warning:Malwares hidden code is found snooping your browser data by taking advantage of online Christmas event recently"
This pops up, opening my browser (not Chrme). It flashes this onto the screen & blocks calls or whatever until I clear it.
Ideas???
CaptG.

Jazzamuffin

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Running a stock V10... Added a Moto 360 for Xmas & loaded Moto's app, WatchMaker Premium, Moto Connect & Moto Body.....all from PlayStore.
I DID install & run 360 Security app, but deleted it......
I randomly am getting a pop up:
"Warning:Malwares hidden code is found snooping your browser data by taking advantage of online Christmas event recently"
This pops up, opening my browser (not Chrme). It flashes this onto the screen & blocks calls or whatever until I clear it.
Ideas???
CaptG.

Maybe reset the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
What are the last few apps you installed, specifically free ones with ads. Some apps use ad servers that are horrible and do this kind of stuff.

SaintlySins

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
What are the last few apps you installed, specifically free ones with ads. Some apps use ad servers that are horrible and do this kind of stuff.

I agree, it's usually the free ones --- especially the ones with a small following for specific tasks or jobs.

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
What kinds of websites are you visiting? Websites like projectfreetv and (according to reddit) ...adult... sites can cause this.

Posted from my Moto G (2015) on the Android Central app.

Isaac Bautista

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
I suspect WatchMaker Premium. I have the same program and started having these popups only after I installed it. It's really bad. I'm afraid to reinstall it. I factory reset the phone and didn't put any new apps. I will slowly reinstall apps until I have no other choice but to reinstall WatchMaker. I built an awesome watch face and wish I could find one with it's features, but I cannot handle the popups. No blocker or malware was able to stop it.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I suspect WatchMaker Premium. I have the same program and started having these popups only after I installed it. It's really bad. I'm afraid to reinstall it. I factory reset the phone and didn't put any new apps. I will slowly reinstall apps until I have no other choice but to reinstall WatchMaker. I built an awesome watch face and wish I could find one with it's features, but I cannot handle the popups. No blocker or malware was able to stop it.

I have been using WatchMaker Premium for over a year and have never received any popups.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18