Why hasn't LG released the wireless charging back in the US? Cancelled on Best Buy

thisisjason

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
re:

There have been a lot of problems with the 3rd party charging covers, judging by XDA. Maybe the problem is with the hardware on the V10, that would explain why their cover isn't out yet

DrWMJ

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
re:

I've been using the charging cover made by Lookatool, and, although a bit quirky, it gets the job done. What problems have there been with these covers?

Posted via the Android Central App

thisisjason

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
re:

I've been using the charging cover made by Lookatool, and, although a bit quirky, it gets the job done. What problems have there been with these covers?

Posted via the Android Central App

Some people have had them kill the wireless charging on the V10 permanently. There's some talk about LG possibly using faulty hardware. If you'd had strange sounds or finicky charging, I'd stop using it personally

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
re:

I've been using the LG OEM Wireless charging back purchased from Prime Gadget on Amazon without any problems at all.
There are people on XDA reporting that the V10 has the same faulty wireless charging chip used in the LG G4. These chips are burning out rendering the wireless charging abilities of the V10 completely dead. The only option then is to replace the phone with a new one or send it to LG for repair.

Thinking about going back to just charging with the cable to stay safe. :'(

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
re:

I was thinking about buying one but now I think I'll wait and see if a fix comes out or an official OEM product.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
re:

I don't believe there will be an easy fix. :(
From what I've read the phones were built using the same faulty Qi chip that was used in the G4.

This is probably why LG has not released the wireless charging back here in the US.

SaintlySins

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm not challenging anyone's opinion as some of you know a hell of a lot more than me ... but when I read the complaint posts and the follow-ups, there seems to be more of an issue with what charging systems are being used than with the chip itself.
I'm still not sure if it's the chip in the phone that's bad, or the random charger's that over-charge or don't cycle every so often?

I'm not so sure a company would continue with a chip that has well-known charging issues if they hadn't done at least a little R & D to determine their charger wasn't at fault. Many of the people getting that chip replaced (my co-worker) got notice to only use the LG wireless charging system.

This is the same issue with people getting a short battery life if they used a different charger to plug into than the phone came with. Using a higher powered charger than what the phone's charging system or battery is designed to cycle with will/does have it's consequences.

I've decided not to use any wireless charging system till I know for sure or it's directly available from the manufacturer of the phone.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
It's has been at least a month since I bought the LG OEM cover for my V10. It has been sitting on one of three chargers for an average of 20 hours per day since without a problem.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
This guy also raised the price right before Christmas knowing he was the only one selling them on Amazon. That said, there is now another listing for them for $59:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4949095

Whether or not either listing is genuine LG product is still a mystery since LG has not officially released the product.

The charging back Prime Gadget/Amazon is selling in a 100% Original LG product and works 100%
LG has released the product in Korea, this is where these are all coming from.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital