LG V 10, Poweramp, and prior-existing music player app..how can I transfer music?

A

AC Question

LG V 10, Poweramp, and prior-existing music player app....

I just got the LG V 10 phone and also installed Poweramp.

The music files I had copied/pasted from my Windows 7 PC to the LG were stored in the prior-existing music player app. How do I transfer my music into Poweramp from the other player?

Thanks.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: LG V 10, Poweramp, and prior-existing music player app....

I just got the LG V 10 phone and also installed Poweramp.

The music files I had copied/pasted from my Windows 7 PC to the LG were stored in the prior-existing music player app. How do I transfer my music into Poweramp from the other player?

Thanks.

Welcome to Android Central!

There might be a folder created once you launch the app, you should be able to just drop the files in to that folder once it is created.

J_appoll

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site

Enable read files from sd on Poweramp, then just refresh your library...worked for me

Posted via the Android Central App

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
There are a couple of things you can do with PowerAmp to find your music.

1. Settings > Folders and Library > Auto-Find Music Folders

2. Settings > Folders and Library > Music Folders......Then make sure the location where your music is stored is checked

3. Settings > Folders and Library > Full Rescan

One of these will work. I would try Full Rescan last. When you do a full rescan, Poweramp also sometimes picks up alert sounds from apps and that can be annoying.

Hope this helps.

J_appoll

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site

I got spotify on the second screen,I guess poweramp won't be any different...actually yes I think you can

Posted via the Android Central App

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to select Power Amp in the second screen under music section?

Settings > Second screen > Show when main screen is on > Gear next to App shortcuts
Select PowerAmp
Save

You still have to turn on the main screen when the phone is locked to access PowerAmp by swiping right on the second screen. You do have to unlock to play something but then PowerAmp is controlling your music.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon