LG V10 vs Note 5.....

IamPro

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I feel like that's worth giving up the S-Pen for.
The screen capture toggle on the V10 is pretty useful, yes you have to use your finger to draw but it gets the job done (also seems easier instead of having to go to drawer then remembering which app does what).

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I agree. I loved my note 5 but I rarely used the spen. The pen is small and my hands are so big it was awkward to use it the majority of the time. I'm fine using my finger.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
No phone lasts 10 hours.. I am am the proverbial power user. Used the moto x pure, the note 5, and now the v10.. Heavy usage. Lots of forums, news, videos and social media and when I start 7am all need changed right around noon. Difference is i stop change a battery and im good for the rest of the day. I am off using my phone while the spare battery charges instead of hugging a wall waiting for it to charge up again. The best way I can tell you on any phone to improve battery life. Stop the auto syncs, do not use fb or fb messenger app.. Use the web version.. Lower your screen brightness it does not need to be set for 60 percent.

Posted via the Android Central App
The test they ran the note 5 lasted 28 hours and the LG lasted 17. Using both I can see the difference easily. . Swapping batteries is nice but it wasn't the deal breaker for me. The bugs and slower performance is what killed it.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I don't care about some YouTube battery test. My v10 at first was pretty bad, but after a week it improved I'd say 40%. You gotta give the os time to settle down I guess. Also I've used both phones and it feels to me like the v10 was more fluid. Fluidity is of my highest priority when choosing a phone.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
The screen capture toggle on the V10 is pretty useful, yes you have to use your finger to draw but it gets the job done (also seems easier instead of having to go to drawer then remembering which app does what).

The S-Pen on the Note 5 was much more than screen capturing. I tended to use it a lot when jotting down quick info and highlighting it later using its handwriting recognition. I could add a contact, make a list when ordering out, or just add some text I scribbled out and throw it in Google Keep. Can't do any of that as fast and easy on the V10, but its not something I was glued to either.

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
No phone on the market has power the LG has when it comes to music. The DAC/amp is so beast in the LG. If you have high end headphones than there's no comparison. Only reason I bought the LG is to run my hd 700s with tidals lossless music, pure audio bliss worth every penny.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I see the comments saying the note 5 is faster. Nope. Maybe for a week it's AS fast as the v10, but when I used both I found the v10 to be more fluid and to my eye the screen is sharper. Not as "colorful" but sharper to me.