Anyone else find their alarm is ridiculously LOUD?

Andrew Bonner

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed ever since the recent update to my Verizon V10, my morning alarm is unbearably loud at the lowest setting. Has anyone else noticed this? I think I may have to get a custom alarm that is quiet, or run a file through an audio app to quiet it down.

Andrew Bonner

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure you are actually setting the *Alarm* volume?

Yes, of course. I'm using the Timely Alarm app. I have the volume turned all the way down to the lowest setting and it is so loud it will wake my children down the hall.

Again, the only thing that changed recently is my V10 update, in which the volumes across the board got noticeably louder. This was welcome as the volume was often too soft while watching movies or YouTube videos. But, it seems they made the min volume too soft.

I will try the LG alarm app tonight to make sure it's not my app, but I imagine they'd have fixed something by now, as they're a reputable developer.

Andrew Bonner

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like you need to raise this issue with the developer: Timely Alarm Clock - Support

FWIW, there are a fair number of complaints in the Play store feedback concerning this app on OS versions 5.x and above...

I tried the system (LG) alarm last night and I couldn't find one tone that wasn't too loud. My wife was complaining that they were all too loud too.

I ran an alarm that I got from Zedge through "Ringtone Maker" and lowered the volume. Now my volume is good.

Not something I should have to contend with though, IMO.

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I like to ignore the alarm so... It works for me. Definitely louder than any other phone I have had.

Posted from my LG V10

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
If I set my phone too close to my head at night, I get jarred awake by the alarm. I can't complain as it does wake me up, but I would like to not be scared awake every morning by the loudness....

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If I set my phone too close to my head at night, I get jarred awake by the alarm. I can't complain as it does wake me up, but I would like to not be scared awake every morning by the loudness....

same here, it DEFINITELY wakes me up, but it is quite jarring. On my Nexus 6, it would start then slowly get louder. I dont know if that is the Google clock app, or the Marshmallow. So I think I will try the Google app and see

Ed_Grohl

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, just to make a suggestion, I use an app called Sleep for Android that has a great alarm that starts soft and gradually gets louder for you. The only caveat is that it is a sleep tracker. I turn the app on when I go to bed and it monitors movements and snoring through the night. It can connect to a smartwatch as well. I have been using it for months and it has worked pretty well and gives some really good information about sleep habits.

One thing about it, though: I set me alarm for 6am, but it knows my ideal time needed for sleep and if I go to bed earlier than usual, it will wake me up earlier (between 5:30 and 6). I have no issue with that, but I know some might.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
An alarm is supposed to be loud, isn't it? If not, they'd call it something else; a gentle, a softie, a creampuff, something soft. If you're using it to wake up, and you're anyting like me, it needs to be loud and persistent. If you're using it as a reminder, then set a reminder, not an alarm. If that's the case, you can set a ringtone as a reminder. Zedge has an excellent selection. If you're not a hard sleeper and want a softer tone, set a ringtone as a reminder and not an alarm.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I use a real generic app simply called Alarms. It plays soft and gentle to start but does get louder if you ignore it. It's great!

Posted via the Android Central App

Andrew Bonner

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
An alarm is supposed to be loud, isn't it? If not, they'd call it something else; a gentle, a softie, a creampuff, something soft. If you're using it to wake up, and you're anyting like me, it needs to be loud and persistent. If you're using it as a reminder, then set a reminder, not an alarm. If that's the case, you can set a ringtone as a reminder. Zedge has an excellent selection. If you're not a hard sleeper and want a softer tone, set a ringtone as a reminder and not an alarm.

Okay there's this thing called volume control that exists on electronic devices, and it appears LG's volume control is biased to the loud side (their quietest volume is too loud for alarms in my opinion).

I know that alarms are supposed to be loud. If you want an alarm to be loud, you have the freedom to TURN IT UP.

I am a fairly light sleeper. I have also trained myself to wake up within the same time range every morning. I'm already coming out of sleep by the time the alarm goes off and I just need something to let me know that my set alarm time has arrived that isn't going to scare the living crap out of me and wake all my children way earlier than they should.

That all being said, it sounds like others have noticed the issue I originally posted about and we have several ways to fix it, convenience be damned.

In the mean time, all you heavy sleepers should have no problem waking up, thanks to LG!

Samsmome

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
I use Timely. I have fade in set to 2 minutes. Don't want to be tachycardic at 4 in the morning. Never get woken up by an alarm blasting in my ear.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37