lg v10 Bluetooth issues

anon(9708869)

Banned
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I am about to get a V10 and read in the forums and elsewhere that there have been Bluetooth connection issues and that LG was planning on an update to fix it. Does anyone know of its been fixed? I have a 2016 Subaru Forester and I'm hoping I'll run into no issues or that a fix is on the way.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
I've occasionally had an issue, the only two that really affected me were with my Microsoft Band and my car. My band won't allow use with third party apps because the phone doesn't actually know its Bluetooth connected. And with my car, it says no device is connected, but the available slot is taken up with a blank connection. However it's an older, much more basic setup purely for audio.

Steve Morris3

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
I've had many issues with the V10 over the last month I've had it. This morning my Bluetooth just stopped working all together. Previously, it connected normally, but wouldn't sync my contact list. I've also had problems with the back button (found that it was because of Facebook Messenger app) and the screen going black in direct sunlight.
So far not an impressive phone.

J240

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else's bluetooth crackle and pop while streaming music? This is with wireless headphones, I do not have bluetooth in my car so I cannot compare it to anything else.

Also, when I am working out and have it in a waist band, I found certain movements (like bending over) cause the bluetooth music to cut out (until I stand back up).. This happened with the crappy loaner phone they gave me also, but never on my G4 or G3..

jferra87

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone else's bluetooth crackle and pop while streaming music? This is with wireless headphones, I do not have bluetooth in my car so I cannot compare it to anything else.

Also, when I am working out and have it in a waist band, I found certain movements (like bending over) cause the bluetooth music to cut out (until I stand back up).. This happened with the crappy loaner phone they gave me also, but never on my G4 or G3..

I have a huge issue with the crackling/popping sounds over Bluetooth. I've tried a few different headsets and they all do the same thing. It seems to happen when ram usage is high and/or the phone is syncing or using the data connection. I've tried several different ram cleaning apps and clearing the cache/data specifically for the Bluetooth connection but none of those work. Only fix I have found so far is to reboot. I do it at least once per day. Even when using Bluetooth to listen to things I have saved on the phone I get the packing and popping sounds. Extremely annoying.

Nate Silver

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
No issues here. I have two fitness devices (Garmin Fenix 3 HR and MS Band 2) connected at all times, and also had a Samsung Gear Fit 2 hooked up for a few days. Also connect to my car, where both voice and audio have worked fine. I don't use BT headphones, since I prefer having the higher quality of the wired connection.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Just yesterday I hit the button to upgrade to Marshmallow; right after that I took it to the car with me, where it exhibited the exact same behavior it's always exhibited. It disconnected during a call, then reconnected a few seconds later.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I only use BT in my car, 2011 Corolla and it's been fine. After the MM update I had to make some volume adjustments but nothing big. I know a lot of newer model cars, especially GM, have had issues with BT.

Chris Dontworryaboutit

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I use mine in my 2016 WRX with the 6.2 inch starlink system and it connects fine. Every phone call I have made or received has worked fine. The issued I have are caused by the stereo. This thing is the worst head unit every. It lags like crazy and Pandora connects sometimes when it decides to.