Coming from a G4, V10 battery sucks

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I was surprised to find this out, but the battery life on the the V10 is considerably worse than my G4.

I can see that the auto brightness plays a factor. The V10 has a much more aggressive configuration than the G4.

I'm not sure what I can do to help bridge the gap between the two phones, but it needs to happen. I will try to get a spare battery and charger like I do for my G4, but until then, what can I do to fix this?

Posted via the Android Central App

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Maintain a medium brightness level and keep an eye on apps running in the background, Also adjust how often things are syncing such as Dropbox, Google photos any app that will push and pull data. That type of stuff can really Wear on a battery.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You guys are killing me.... These drastic actions to conserve battery life should not have to be taken these days... Back in 2005 when this was all new, perhaps....

It's like buying a new car and gutting it so you save gas mileage. Just use it. Charge it. Use it more.

Perhaps, you can factory reset it, never set the phone up, disable all radios and freeze all the apps, and keep brightness at 2‰. Also, be careful to never actually use the phone, I hear it drains battery life.

Posted via my Nokia 8210 from the inside of a kitten.

dwmitchell61

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
You guys are killing me.... These drastic actions to conserve battery life should not have to be taken these days... Back in 2005 when this was all new, perhaps....

It's like buying a new car and gutting it so you save gas mileage. Just use it. Charge it. Use it more.

Perhaps, you can factory reset it, never set the phone up, disable all radios and freeze all the apps, and keep brightness at 2‰. Also, be careful to never actually use the phone, I hear it drains battery life.

Even your car needs to be optimized and tuned up.

I set my email to manual synch for all three accounts. It syncs up when I check it. that is often enough for me. Hell,manual synch worked when I was an IT guy supporting over 100 employees!

I turn off WiFi when I am out and away from any WiFi spots. That's why they have the status pulldown with the quick setting buttons.It's not THAT difficult. Everything else is set to sync only over Wifi on mine. My battery goes 15 hours before getting to 5% remaining.

Maybe one needs to READ THE MANUAL and learn to actually use a SMART phone. If it is too difficult, there's always a flip phone still for sale out there. LOL!

TechCaptain

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I did have the same issue, but after doing a factory reset, (for other reasons. Particularly, image retention.) I found the battery life to be very similar to my G4.

Sent from my LG V10

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Even your car needs to be optimized and tuned up.

I set my email to manual synch for all three accounts. It syncs up when I check it. that is often enough for me. Hell,manual synch worked when I was an IT guy supporting over 100 employees!

I turn off WiFi when I am out and away from any WiFi spots. That's why they have the status pulldown with the quick setting buttons.It's not THAT difficult. Everything else is set to sync only over Wifi on mine. My battery goes 15 hours before getting to 5% remaining.

Maybe one needs to READ THE MANUAL and learn to actually use a SMART phone. If it is too difficult, there's always a flip phone still for sale out there. LOL!

I agree... I just overreacted a bit, lol. I just don't like when people are afraid to use their brand new flagship phone in fear of battery drop....

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
If this doesn't sort itself out after, say, two weeks, then do a factory reset.

My V10 lasts all day. True, if I'm out and about at 6pm the battery starts hitting the red and the system starts shutting things down to preserve power.

Also, I use Snapdragon BatteryGuru; it monitors and controls all sorts of things behind the scenes, and may be why I get what I get. I don't know.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I agree... I just overreacted a bit, lol. I just don't like when people are afraid to use their brand new flagship phone in fear of battery drop....

I just opted to buy some extra batteries and keep them in my backpack when I need them

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

Cotd. Haha 😂

dwmitchell61

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Oh, okay... Yeah... The Android has so many more optimization options than the Win OS I came from. Mine is fairly well tweaked. I also quit all the apps in the "recent apps" window.

David W. Mitchell
Posted from LG V10 via Android Central app...

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Get greenify, and greenify everything.

I use a program called shutapp, It works kind of the same way as greenify I think.
I also use App Ops to set access lock for all my apps, and restrict them. I am not exactly sure what affect it has on battery life though... Can anyone comment on either of these two apps, and their ability to extend battery?

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
I use a program called shutapp, It works kind of the same way as greenify I think.
I also use App Ops to set access lock for all my apps, and restrict them. I am not exactly sure what affect it has on battery life though... Can anyone comment on either of these two apps, and their ability to extend battery?

Far as I can tell, they keep the apps dormant so they cannot use resources.

DrWMJ

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
When my V10 is idle, it drains about 1-2% per hour, even with WiFi and Bluetooth on, and many apps open. The only time I have had to charge my phone in the middle of the day is after I shot over 100 pictures one morning. I have to go out of my way to have the screen on for over 2 hours in my usual workday. So, the V10 battery may only be "average", but it has been fine for me. Much of the battery drain has to do with the quality of the telephone and wifi connections. I am glad that I don't have to fuss with switching things on and off during the day to conserve power.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I've never had a G4, like some in this Forum, so I can't compare the battery life with my V10. All I can say is that when I'm at work (fully charged when I start), I have BT on for my Moto 360 and tether on for my Nexus 7 (for games, etc.). I do all the normal stuff; phone calls, messaging, social media, etc. After my 8-hour shift, I still have around 50-60% left on the battery. I don't have WIFI coverage at work, so the phone is on the TMO network the whole time (excellent coverage). At home, the phone switches to my WIFI. So my battery life is much more than adequate. The only power management I have set up is Green Power and I'm not rooted.

michael hester1

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
have no battery problems with my v10 have a lg smart watch plus a blue tooth ear bud on at work for a 12 hour day get about 20 phone calls 30 texts 100 emails 50 notifations. still have 90 percent battery.with the g2 I had 50 percent left.one thing I did on the g2 and v10 is get the face book app off suck up a lot of battery.plus makes the phone act strange.use the crome browser bookmarks.for twitter and facebook.so during work the phone stays i my pocket.every thing is done by watch.after work phone comes out then 4 hrs of hard use 16hrs still above 50 percent like this phone.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
There is nothing wrong with battery life on the V10. In fact it's better than the G4 i had and i considered it pretty amazing.

Here's a post i made in the now buried SOT thread:

I'm just about to switch batteries so here's what I got out of the last full charge.

Just over 24 hours up time, 6h17m SOT.

This phone actually has better battery life for me than my LG G4.

How I use my phone:
- Lux for auto brightness
- Access Lock (app ops) to control permissions of downloaded apps. If you are on a LG phone that still has this and you aren't using it, you are doing your battery life a disservice IMO.
- 3 email accounts ( 1 Gmail and 2 Hotmail accounts on exchange)
- Push notifications from many apps like XDA, slickdeals, Amazon, UPS, FedEx, etc.

I make no compromises to how I use my phone.

Access Lock info

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=619646

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ils?id=thewazteam.lgaccesslock&token=erv0l7Oo

Attachments

• 1454977389262.jpg
    1454977389262.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 1454977408164.jpg
    1454977408164.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 103
  • 1454977424314.jpg
    1454977424314.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 1454977446464.jpg
    1454977446464.jpg