Why does the screen go dark???

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
This happens on a regular basis! I am going to return this phone! Too many issues with this phone!

Posted via the Android Central App

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
We need more info on your question. When does it go dark? is a place to start. Have you set up the display to stay on for a certain length of time? That can easily be done in the Display setting. Give us more info for an answer.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I agree. More info is needed before you return this fabulous handset. Do you have the auto brightness on? If you do, it could be the culprit. Believe me, I currently have a galaxy note 4, s6 edge, and the v10. I've also owned 9 other androids since their inception. While some were definitely better than others, there's no absolutely PERFECT phone. The LG V10 is very close though. Amoung the best I've had.

Posted via Android Central App

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
There was another issue with this phone, I was trying to download apps from the playstore, but with no success! .I returned the phone back to Tmobile and they couldn't slove the problem either! I know these issues can be fixed, but overall I just didn't like the v10! Thank you for your feedback!

From my Samsung Galaxy Note 5.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Mine randomly stays blank during phone calls. No amount of power button or screen tapping will wake it up. After the call ends, and cycles back to the recent calls screen, then it responds. This is the most annoying part of the V10 that I hope is fixed with Marshmallow. It's not a deal breaker for me since it seems pretty random (although I get it at least once a week).

Johnny Cakes1

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
yea i have noticed sometimes after calls the screen stays dark.. like the light sensor isn't working properly or something.. i can press the back button to get the screen back on but it is annoying

dsgerman

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
If your screen stays dark with a call after you finish talking with the phone against your ear it may be that the sensor needs to be cleaned. It's the wider shorter one at the top right above the date in the second screen. Just wipe with your finger or a cloth. Works for me.

caesiumsg

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
I have this issue and i really hope someone can help! The screen turns black and nothing will activate it. Its like i have to use luck to turn on my phone if not i will just have to leave it alone for awhile. Its the best android phone i have now bt i wish it can have lesser faults.

bentley17

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
I to have been noticing while talking the screen goes dark and I have to use button on back to light it up again so I can stop the call. Is there a simple fix or is this a glitch that LG had to fix?

Johnny Cakes1

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
this issue seems to be getting worse for me.. nearly every call the screen will stay black until i push the button on the back.. they better push an update to fix this

Meinie

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I had the the problem when i use the camera, than i went it horizontaly and the screen goes several times to dark. Then i reboot and it was finished.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
I don't have Paypal installed.. never did

It is installed by default even if you never use it.. Or could be another rogue app.. Might try going into safemode and see if it goes away.. If so you might do a factory reset or clear the cache to fix it

Johnny Cakes1

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
its not the sensor.. and its not dirty or covered by any dust or debris.. the sensor seems to work fine when the screen is off and just the 2nd screen is on. i can cover it up and the 2nd screen goes away, and when i remove my finger the 2nd screen comes back.. its something about the dialer app that isn't working right with the proximity sensor it seems.
it will detect being covered, but wont detect being uncovered.. i do think there is some software interfering with this.. but no idea what..

But this issue seems to go back to previous LG phones also.. and could possibly be an Android issue even, as I have read reports of this on other brands as well.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I always had this problem, although not as serious as others are reporting. On calls my screen would go dark after a minute or two in calls and voice conference meetings with co workers, with the phone just sitting on my desk. It was never permanently dark though, I could always double tap the screen or press the main power button and wake the screen.

I never had the paypal app, but I did have ebay I think since day-1. I cleared ebay cache and stuff earlier in the week... the problem persisted. Then yesterday morning I removed the ebay app completely (drag it up to the Uninstall area at the top) and the problem went completely away.

Last edited:

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
I always had this problem, although not as serious as others are reporting. On calls my screen would go dark after a minute or two in calls and voice conference meetings with co workers, with the phone just sitting on my desk. It was never permanently dark though, I could always double tap the screen or press the main power button and wake the screen.

I never had the paypal app, but I did have ebay I think since day-1. I cleared ebay cache and stuff earlier in the week... the problem persisted. Then yesterday morning I removed the ebay app completely (drag it up to the Uninstall area at the top) and the problem went completely away.

I feel bad for the makers of the phones.. They design a great phone. But every app we load onto it made by another person possibly less trained or less knowledgeable can cause problems that we then blame on the phone maker..