Titanium back up kills second screen?

mliw90

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
I've been using titanium back up on my phones for quite some time. Upon getting the v10 in November I installed it on and all was good. Out of no where (and weeks after me disabling anything new on the phone) the second screen stopped working at the end of December. I tried unfreezing everything but to no avail. I eventually had to factory reset to get it up to come back. Since then I have tried to reinstall it twice more and the same thing happens even when I have unfrozen everything. I was also very careful the second two times to not touch any LG apps. It seems it's somehow corrupting a file, but it's very strange as to how or why it seems to be permanently effected until factory reset. I refuse to even download the app again as long as I have my V10 cause setting up my phone over and over is a pain in the ***, but I'm curious if anyone has had a similar problem or knows why this is happening?

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Did you check the settings to make sure the second screen was still turned on? I've accidentally turned it off once or twice, its possible titanium is shutting it off.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
LG has a backup software you can back up all your data to SD card or cloud.. Apps, phone, SMS, etc.. Any particular reason titanium backup is needed? Using a rooted app might cause the phone problems.. Kinda like complaining after you modified your car from factory spec isn't it?

Posted via the Android Central App

thisisjason

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had any issue with Titanium Backup, but I'm using a debloated ROM, so I don't use Titanium to freeze any apps, only for backup purposes. Haven't had any issues with that