What are the V10 owner's thoughts on the G5?

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
I'm aware this is the V10 forum, but I'm wondering how fellow V10 users feel about the next LG flagship.

Posted via the Android Central App

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure what to think yet. I've only owned the V10 since Friday, and I did nose to the grindstone research on it and was hoping the G5 would be a beefier smaller version of it.

LG didn't meet that expectation at all. I'm not bad mouthing the G5 yet, but it so wasn't what I was expecting. Not a bad thing. Just more research to do before I decide if want to return my V10 or not.

In closing, LG kind of blew me out of the water in a sense and is now making me drink out of a firehose. I'm sure once I've had a cup of coffee the world will seem clearer, but so far, I ain't giving up the V10 unless Samsung comes in with a curve ball.

Posted via a screaming LG V10...or the Nexus 6P of Doom...mood dependent.

Gunnyman

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I think the V10 is going to be an abandonware phone. There has not been any word about MM on our devices. There hasn't been a security update (on VZW anyway) since December.
This may not be a popular opinion, but I think the signs are there.

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I think the V10 is going to be an abandonware phone. There has not been any word about MM on our devices. There hasn't been a security update (on VZW anyway) since December.

Marshmallow is indeed coming its confirmed by T-Mobile

Posted via the Android Central App on my LG V10

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I thought it would have the second screen, like the V10, but it's an "always on" screen. It also seems like it will do a lot, love the camera feature and the "roaming" robot, (LOL); but how much extra these costs I wonder. Like that they kept the removable battery, and Samsung says they couldn't do it.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Like that they kept the removable battery, and Samsung says they couldn't do it.

That piqued my interest, but I'm wondering how much wear and tear it'll suffer for people who change their batteries out a lot.

Posted via a screaming LG V10...or the Nexus 6P of Doom...mood dependent.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I like that they didn't go with the second screen and that it's a little smaller. It looks like the software has improved a bit except for the whole no app drawer.

The overall build looks nice but the modular idea looks a little gimmicky

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
If they would have kept the screen at 5.5" and kept the buttons on the back, I would have given it a look. Instead, I'm looking forward to the V11.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I came from a Samsung Note 4 and Moto XPE. I love this phone! I ain't changing for anything else, I don't care who makes it. I'll see what the V11 or whatever the call the next iteration of this phone. But unless that offers significant improvement, etc., I'll be keeping my V10.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Specs wise, there's not enough there to make me want to jump on the G5. I could see myself using the V10 for at least another year on the current software it has now. Any update it gets at this point will be a bonus.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I am afraid that is correct, even though the V10 is a great phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
They took almost everything away from the previous generation G2 (and onward) series phone to include modules and made a steaming pile. I hope they don't go down the same path with the V series.

Rockafella

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the G5 has anything to rant and rave about. I love the form factor and weight of my V10. Camera is the best and I like the rear volume rocker. I'll be keeping the V10 until it's predecessor comes around.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
The G5 battery design by itself seems a little gimmicky, and I really don't see anything special about it over the V10. But the G5 is not really just about just the battery. The modular upgrades could be a really NICE thing for those wanting to maximize any particular aspect of their phone.

That being said, I am perfectly happy with my V10 and will continue to use it as long as I physically can. I have used LG cell phones for as long as 5 years before... I see a similar lifespan for this V10.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Kind of glad they didn't "steal" the 2nd screen as was rumored. However, I don't like that there isn't an app drawer. Everything else on it is cool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463