Battery draining apps

mattdamiz85

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have a list or a link to any information about known battery draining apps? (Besides Facebook)

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Instagram :) Everything with notifications

Everything with notifications? That's not the case at all.

I get notifications from lots of apps (Slickdeals, XDA, UPS, FedEx, Twitter, Amazon, AccuWeather, G+, etc, etc) and don't have any issues with apps running rogue and killing the battery.

Access Lock works wonders for controlling downloaded apps. I restrict location and keep awake from just about every app I can and the app still functions like it's supposed to. I have no problem getting 6 hours SOT.

I don't use Facebook at all so I can't speak for how bad it is but everything I have read says the app is terrible.

MrMichaelJKelly

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
Some fairly recent update (last month or so) to the T-Mobile app caused my V10 battery to drain in about 4 hours. When I looked at battery usage, I saw the T-Mobile app at the top, typically at about 30% usage. This is ridiculous since I don't use this app at all. I read somewhere else that they pushed an update that is using your phone to send network quality information up. It's a clever idea - use the huge network of devices to determine in real-time what network quality is, but they apparently didn't do it in a way that is very respectful of battery usage.

So... I found and launched the T-Mobile app. I disabled every opt-in setting there. I then chose to Uninstall Updates - I think you do this from the battery saving page. That restored it to the factory default.

Problem solved! I know am getting closer to 10 hours per day out of my battery.

Bad T-Mobile! Bad!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary