200GB SanDisk microSD added... Now what?

dwmitchell61

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
I had backed up all my media before doing a factory reset on my phone.

I installed my SD card today.

I added the SD card after the reset. I am now setting everything back up on my phone the way I had it (Nova Launcher Prime, Sense Glass icon set, etc).

I went through the Application Manager and used the "Move to SD card" option on all the apps that had the option enabled.

I am now going through the settings for each application to see if there are options there for the data storage.

How do I set the "Music" app and the "Gallery" app to use the SD card for storage of my music, photos & videos?

Does setting the "Camera" storage prompt automatically send all videos and photos taken to the SD card? I answered the prompt on opening the camera app.

Do I have to use a different music app to store my music on the SD card?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
On my Moto E, I used the Google Play Music app for music with a microSD card in it and it worked great.

Posted via the Android Central App

dwmitchell61

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Okay, so camera is set to go.

I cannot see any options in the "Music" app for setting storage destination of music....

Posted via the Android Central App

mrtwohands

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Whenever I transfer music from my computer to the phone via usb. I find the phone in the folders, under that there will be an option for the phone or sd card. I drag my music and drop it into the sd card. Then are your music is saved there.

dwmitchell61

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Whenever I transfer music from my computer to the phone via usb. I find the phone in the folders, under that there will be an option for the phone or sd card. I drag my music and drop it into the sd card. Then are your music is saved there.

SO the stock music player will search and find it on the SD card without any settings needed?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer