No auto iso in manual mode

markyboy81

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
The camera on this phone is awesome but for some reason LG have left out a key feature, and that's to enable auto iso in manual mode. As it is currently, you have to set iso yourself, which can be fiddly if the conditions change.
What would be good is if you could set the shutter speed and then allow the camera to adjust the iso accordingly, to keep the exposure constant. This applies to both video and stills.
Such a shame that there's no true shutter priority mode.

markyboy81

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I guess what you are looking for is one of those cameras then. They don't make phone calls or surf the web though.

Posted via the Android Central App

I've already got one, two in fact. I'm not dissing the LG v10 I think it's great and the camera is awesome. But why have a professional camera mode where you can adjust all manner of parameters, if you're then going to leave out something as useful as shutter priority mode?
Seems an oversight on LG's part unless there's some technical reason it can't be implemented.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I've already got one, two in fact. I'm not dissing the LG v10 I think it's great and the camera is awesome. But why have a professional camera mode where you can adjust all manner of parameters, if you're then going to leave out something as useful as shutter priority mode?
Seems an oversight on LG's part unless there's some technical reason it can't be implemented.

Now that I'm looking at it, it is kinda weird that there isn't many auto settings in manual mode... I'm gonna have to look more into it as I've mostly been fiddling with every setting every time I take a picture

markyboy81

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Now that I'm looking at it, it is kinda weird that there isn't many auto settings in manual mode... I'm gonna have to look more into it as I've mostly been fiddling with every setting every time I take a picture

Yep, it seems in manual mode you've either got full auto (exposure lock off) or full manual, nothing in between.