V10 vs. G4

onnad

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Currently have the G2 and am thinking of getting a newer LG phone. If you had to chose between the V10 and the G4 ( I realize they are not quite in the same league :) ) which would you chose and why?

QuintusDK

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I've had the G4 and it's a great phone. But the v10 beats it hands down in build quality. And the extra gig of ram does translate over in everyday use. Someone will probably also point out the manual video feature but that's nothing I use. The second screen seemed to me like a gimmick but it does come in handy I must admit. I'd go for the v10 but if you're not a power user and don't care about plastic (or use big covers) you might as well opt for the G4 and save some money. They are very similar in performance unless you max out the hardware.

Chris Dontworryaboutit

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't think anyone will argue the V10 is a better phone but right now the price difference, at least for me on T-Mobile, is about, $250. That is a lot to me and I now question whether I made the right choice going with the V10. I do like the phone a lot but after a few weeks with it I feels like the honeymoon phase is over and can't stop thinking about the price difference.

Posted via the Android Central App

croaker68

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
If you like music the v10 has the high end dac and amp. They sound better than probably any other phone.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Back in December when I switched to T-Mobile there was a $200 difference between V10 and G4. I had the G4 on Sprint for 5 or so months so I picked up the V10. Larger screen, second screen, more RAM, build quality, etc, won me over. The G4 looks small now when I hold one. It was worth the extra $8.50/month for me.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
for me the additional ~$200 is money well spent.
>4k video
>Manual video controls
>Secondary screen
>Feel in the hands (stainless steel and ruber-ized plastic)
>32bit DAC and high impedance headphone amp
>Wide angle front facing camera

My biggest gripe is waiting so long to get it. Had I bought mine 2 weeks earlier, I could have gotten in on the courtesy 200G SD card, OEM battery and charger... that was a screaming deal.

Knightstalker

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I got the G4 back in november... after a week I gave it to my brother (same account, he keeps paying the jump)... but I was definitely bored with the iphone... so come january I picked up the v10... and even tho they're very similar... the V10 just FEELS better... more premium... runs better... bigger screen is noticeable... you can't go wrong with the v10...

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I can't really tell if I benefit considerably from the 4G RAM in the V10. I usually have 5-6 of my most commonly used apps idle in the background, so its comforting knowing I have more than enough.

RDI

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
If you are on AT&T, I got my LG-V10 for $199 plus tax. Free FedEx next day, afternoon delivery. No commitments. They said it was because I was a long time customer. This was through the 800 #.

bad1550

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
If you are on AT&T, I got my LG-V10 for $199 plus tax. Free FedEx next day, afternoon delivery. No commitments. They said it was because I was a long time customer. This was through the 800 #.

Please tell me how you got this deal?

I'm on now with AT&T and only offer is buy one get one free

RDI

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Call the AT&T 800 #. Tell them you are trying to decide to stay with AT&T or go to someone else. There seems to be better deals out there with the other companies. Then they offered it to me. Or just tell them that your friend (also a long time AT&T customer) was given this deal.
Good Luck & Let me know how it goes.

bad1550

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Call the AT&T 800 #. Tell them you are trying to decide to stay with AT&T or go to someone else. There seems to be better deals out there with the other companies. Then they offered it to me. Or just tell them that your friend (also a long time AT&T customer) was given this deal.

It took me a few calls but got it done. Wow. Thank you!

phildev74

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
In their Dec on Twitter contest LG gave me a V10 and a G4.
They are both awesome. But the V10 comes with twice the memory. And I load up my phone with songs and movies for travel without wifi or data.

So I gave a friend who was rocking an Optimus T the G4. Had to teach him all that Android had accomplished since 2011.

bad1550

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

They sent me the wrong color, an awful aqua Blue.
Getting delivery of black tomorrow.