Dubss

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I can't believe LG hasn't updates this phone sense November that's a dam sham

Posted via the Android Central App

Knightstalker

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I think some of the v10's have had security updates... not my TMO version tho... kinda scary not getting the security updates... not really worried about the MM update yet.. although having DOZE to help the sh!tty battery life would be great.... oh well...

Chris Dontworryaboutit

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
It does seem they are taking quite a long time on it. I am coming from a buggy G3 so having zero issues with this phone means in not really that anxious for any update though.

Dubss

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I paid 700 out of pocket for this thing. Not happy my friends G4 got MM already wow

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It is more than a little disturbing. The only thing I can think of that might be holding things up would be the second screen. That's the only really unique feature compared to all the other phones that already have the MM update. IJS.

ADDENDUM: The second screen evidently isn't the problem since Verizon just pushed the update out beginning yesterday. Much has been improved according to the posts of Verizon customers.

Last edited:

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Come on folks... The issue is the timing of the launch. The V10 and MM launched at just about the same time. Do you really think LG had a set of engineers getting the phone ready for launch with 5.1 and another set working on MM? There's no way. Their focus was the launch. Probably a few weeks after launch, they put a team working on the MM update which they completed some time around February 16 since that's the date of the MM update that rolled out.

Now the ball is in the carriers court and they are taking their sweet time.

I'd guess T-Mobile is the closest but I guess we will see.

Last edited:

yeahizme

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I see your point but from a marketing and consumer point of view, the LG V10 is suppose to be the current flagship in LG's kingdom (apart from the LG G5) so it would be natural for those of us with LG V10s to expect the latest and greatest in software enhancements and updates. LG missed the mark big time (in my opinion) bc it didn't launch the V10 with Marshmallow out of the box. Again, these are just my thoughts....

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Coming from the Sony Xperia Z3 on T-Mobile I really don't have too big of a problem with the slow update. I only care about updates if it has something I really need/want. And the V10 is near perfect as is for me anyway. With the Z3 I really desperately wanted the Lollipop update cause I thought that automatically meant I would get access to the new camera APIs enabiling access to true manual controls. Not only did I learn that some aspects of Android updates are manufacturer decisions, I learned that Sony has no plans of ever giving Z3 owners that access. I had it for one year before the V10 came and rescued the day. The camera is amazing. I can wait for the other small features although doze is probably the one I'm looking forward to the most. I'm kind of frustrated that a new phone launched almost at the exact time of a new version update(in my experience with both the Xperia Z3 and the LG V10) doesn't get updated for months but for me as long as you have a phone that already does what you want it to, it doesn't matter as much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty