how to block unwanted calls on V10?

SaintlySins

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
As previously stated ... the Verizon edition doesn't allow Call Blocking within the phone - and on the web-site, it's a very limited number of blocks you can put on your account ... and with the frequency of the telemarketing calls, you'll fill that list up within a week. Verizon truly SUCKS for not allowing us to block the calls we don't want on the phone itself. I've always been able to do that with all the other phones I've had on Verizon, why they chose not to allow that on this phone is beyond my comprehension.

I've been using the app Truecaller to block the spam/telemarketers. It's a fantastic app "IF" you're in the range of working WiFi as it's a social context app and you can see if others (how many) already ID'ed that phone number as spam/telemarketer before answering the call and block it right on the spot. However, if there's no WiFi, it doesn't ID the call .... then it's a game of Telemarketing-Russian-Roulette. You can go into the app after receiving calls and add them to the "Block List" ... but it's not really a "Block Caller", it only mutes any notifications and they can still leave you a message .... Which kinda sucks as you still have to go into the V.Mail system and delete the message.

If you're always in WiFi ... you'll LOVE the app. If not ...

I appreciate the notes/posts on the other apps - I will be checking them out next! Thanks for posting them.

Bill Steinhouser

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Here's the deal. When Verizon got Marshmallow, they stripped out a lot of features, by hiding the menus for them. Some don't make sense and others, like call block were hidden, so they could sell you this option, on a subscription basis. The call block option is limits how many numbers you can block with their subscription, so I just use my call blocker in AVG, since this one has eluded me. Here's another app that will allow you to see and use some hidden features. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...love.v10.hidden.settings&hl=en&token=_iKMX4_X

Moodwhims

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
The problem with White pages is the caller can leave a voice mail :( With Call Detector it's a hang up and they can't leave any voicemail. You can also go into the settings and see the number that was blocked or set that Call Detector notifies with a notification on screen that a call has been blocked.

dwmitchell61

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
You don't need an app. It's built in. Go to your Phone app and tap on Call Logs. Tap the offending number and then tap the menu in the top right corner. Select Reject Call.

That option is not available on my Verizon LG V10

O-B-1
Posted via the Android Central App from my Verizon LG V10

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
White pages is now Hiya. I chose Hiya because it has the most installs that I could find among similar apps - 5,000,000 - 10,000,000.

Anyone have something better than Hiya? Working fine so far. Spam calls go straight to voicemail which is fine by me.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm adding to an old thread.

Are there recommended apps to block all calls NOT in the address book? In other words, contacts in the address book should be whitelisted, all other calls go straight to voicemaill. Hiya works well, but doesn't workwith forged numbers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair