"Stained" fingerprint sensor. Any advice?

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Despite still being on the initial software build without the fingerprint fix update, my fp sensor works fine though I noticed that my sensor has a weird oily stain to it. Wiping it dry with a microfiber cloth and the same method with a little eyeglass cleaner, making sure to only wipe within the shiny ring does nothing: it's still there.

Granted, I know alcohol could fix it but not sure if I should as I'm unfamiliar with the plastic the sensor is using for its surface and worried that a certain type might screw the plastic over.

I'm not concerned with cosmetics as if I really am bothered by its appearance, I'd just buy a new sensor and replace it DIY but that being said, will this eventually affect its performance in the long run?

Posted on an LG V10

Attachments

• 45028.jpg
    45028.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 33

xboxonthego3

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Looks almost like it has been scuffed or ruffed up slightly. At least thats what it appears to look like. The pic is a little dark. I wouldn't worry unless you start having issues with it.

dwmitchell61

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Dude, I would just say no to the French fries... Those things will make anyone's FPS oily! LOL... Probably not a worry... If it is working correctly, don't fix it.