Verizon V10 owners, how's Marshmallow?

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
A word to the wise guys: always do a factory reset after a major os update. I'm betting it'll eliminate most if not all issues.

Posted via the Android Central App

Exactly this! I have had multiple phones of the same model running in my house and have had issues where one would run like crap and another run very smooth. Sometime's just clearing partition cache makes things much better but ultimately doing a factory reset is your best option if you are experiencing all sorts of issues. Also, if you are running any kind of beta software, you can expect issues there as well unless there is an update to resolve issues with XXX Android version.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Doze is awesome... 7.5 hours overnight, went to bed at 100%, woke up STILL AT 100%!!! (Although the percentage dipped to 99% almost immediately after I woke it up with 2-3 quick minutes of screen on time.)

I have no complaints about MM. None of the negative reports scattered across AC have materialized with my setup. Longer term reliability now remains to be seen.

yeahizme

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok so this update to Android 6.0 was ok for the most part, but today for some reason , the finger print sensor has failed to work. I went through all my fingers and it still won't work lol...was working pretty good until today ....Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Attachments

• 1459270365479.jpg
    1459270365479.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 51

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok so this update to Android 6.0 was ok for the most part, but today for some reason , the finger print sensor has failed to work. I went through all my fingers and it still won't work lol...was working pretty good until today ....Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

One time that happened to me. I deleted my fingerprint and re-entered and no problem since.

bmac143

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
24 hours in, MM running smooth as silk. A little laggy at first, but, I went ahead and did a factory reset, just to optimize things. Battery is just as strong, screen is brighter, so far, so good. (I was apprehensive, but, just couldn't resist, glad I pulled the trigger!)

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Everything I can think of is improved, other than an option to adjust the color temp of the screen. It's calibrated a tad too cool. Other than that, every little issue I had seems to have been fixed.

SaintlySins

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I have none of the issues some of you have.

After the update, the only few things I noticed was a slightly faster transition from screen to screen and application activation and opening .... "slightly" being the operating word.

I have lost a little battery life, but I haven't gone back and turned off some of the apps and bloatware that gets reactivated with these updates --- I'm sure once I do that, I'll be back to normal. I haven't noticed "Doze" as I use the phone too often for it to sit long enough to activate, and I plug the phone in at night on the nightstand while I'm charging my own battery.

HOWEVER .... there's a new Icon in my 2nd Screen and I don't know what it is! ? ! It only comes on when the screen is off. It's always the farthest to the Left Side of the 2nd Screen - and it looks like a Square block with a miniature skateboard park carved out of the top! I am surfing these threads and posts for someone to identify it ... alas ... I'm going to have to Google all the Android Icon's to see what I can match it up to.

(... right now, I know a few of you are laughing as you know exactly what that Icon is ... so when you're bustin' my bawls in the next few posts, I know I deserve it cause my brain "should" know what that Icon represents ... but please do it comically ;- )

UPDATE: I Googled every single Android/Samsung/LG/Verizon Icon Glossary and Definitions page I could find. During this time I realized the Icon was ever-so-very-slowly scrolling to the left - so I sketched what I saw every hour or so .... 3 hours later I recognize the letter "u" ... in a font that reminded me of the "u" in the WU which is the WeatherUnderground App.
Opening the app, I see that the latest update by WeatherUnderground includes and activates a Status Bar Icon - but on the V10, it doesn't show up unless the screen is in sleep mode. I unchecked the box ... and my Status Bar doesn't show that Icon.
If you ever saw the WeatherUnderground App - you'd see that if only parts of it are exposed, it does look like a great skateboard park --- LOLOL

Hope this helps someone ... if not just for a laugh or two ;- )

Last edited:

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Wow... Is it just me or is the secondary screen WAY smoother and more responsive swiping left and right when the main screen is OFF?

Another thumbs UP for MM.

SaintlySins

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
LOL... a skateboard park on the second screen? Nope mine doesn't have that.

LOLOL ... it is funny ... but I found my own answer - it was a micro view of the WeatherUnderground App Logo which is a rolling WU ... I found a way to disable it in the WeatherUnderground App - seems they slid a Status Bar Icon in with the last update and activated it.

Wow... Is it just me or is the secondary screen WAY smoother and more responsive swiping left and right when the main screen is OFF?

I agree too!

Another thumbs UP for MM.

yeahizme

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok so after 3 days of not working , the finger print scanner randomly started working last nite lol....unbelievable lol....and it's much faster than before...go figure on that one lol