Verizon V10 owners, how's Marshmallow?

TechCaptain

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I just updated my V10 to Marshmallow yesterday and I have noticed a few tiny differences here and there but I haven't really noticed any major changes. Have you? How has Marshmallow been treating you so far?

Sent from my LG V10

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
It reset my app permissions, so I had to go in and turn a BUNCH of them back off. The go90 bloatware was re-activated, so I fixed that.

Screen is brighter now. I adjust it down to where I like... Farther to the left on the slider than it was with LP, to maintain the same brightness level.

FPS is faster.

6-knocks is kind of a pain, but I guess its a necessary evil.

Doze - shutdown mode is nice. I worry less now about having to plug in my phone at night. I wish there was a "screen doze mode"... Some way for it to turn on and off with the screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

dwmitchell61

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
It reset my app permissions, so I had to go in and turn a BUNCH of them back off. The go90 bloatware was re-activated, so I fixed that.

Screen is brighter now. I adjust it down to where I like... Farther to the left on the slider than it was with LP, to maintain the same brightness level.

FPS is faster.

6-knocks is kind of a pain, but I guess its a necessary evil.

Doze - shutdown mode is nice. I worry less now about having to plug in my phone at night. I wish there was a "screen doze mode"... Some way for it to turn on and off with the screen.
What is the Doze "shutdown mode"?
All I see is teh option for each app to exclude it from optimization, is that what you are referring to?

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
The phone goes into Doze mode when the screen is off, USB unplugged and the phone has been motionless for 10-15 minutes. It uses the accelerometers and motion sensors to detect motion (or lack there of). AFIAK its basically dialing down all but the most basic functions and CPU processes in order to conserve battery. There's another thread on it somewhere where it goes into further details.

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Battery is still draining fast while idling but more important issue is my contact list. I lost hefty number of them and can't get them to sync again. When I opened my dialer for the very first time it was showing loading contacts for a long long time to the point where I couldn't wait and at the same I wasn't able to get to the actual dial pad so I had to close it. Tried another 5 times with the same result. Eventually it just worked - opened normally. But just know I realized that most of the contacts I entered in the last month or two are not there and this what I saw when I went into the settings. I kept trying to sync again - turning it on and off and still showing the same message on the bottom.
Note- I wiped cashed data right before the update and after.
Don't feel like doing Factory Reset so no clue what to do with this

Attachments

• 22212.jpg
    22212.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
No problems here. Looks almost the same. Doze does work great at night i've noticed. Fingerprint much faster as others have said. Thats about it.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Is it just me or is the MM screen knock code slower? On LP I could enter my 4 knocks really fast... 1234. On MM I have to enter them slower for the sensor to register... -1-2-3-4-5-6-

On Doze overnight I lost 2~3% on my battery.... cool.

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
A word to the wise guys: always do a factory reset after a major os update. I'm betting it'll eliminate most if not all issues.

jszilvagyi

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Upgrading a Verizon Z2 Tablet and having troubles where it says it's overheating.
The tablet itself is cool to the touch so I'm not certain it's actually overheating.
I did a factory reset and it went through the upgrades from 4.4.4 to 5.0.2 and now to 5.1. The reset and the first update seemed to go smoothly. Now it's in a loop where it says "Android is starting... Optimizing app xxx of 190". It will reach anywhere from 30 to 110 optimized apps before shutting down without any notification. Then I have to hold the power button to get it to start up again where I go through the Android is starting... routine.

Was about to say 110 is the highest I've gotten but it's running again and just hit 171 of 190 before shutting down. I'm thinking of starting it then throwing it in the freezer to complete the startup to see if that makes a difference.

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Lots of issues seem to be fixed, lots of improvements, phone is faster and smoother. Not one single issue or complaint. 100% perfect so far. I'm glad they took their time and did things right.

yeahizme

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
....to me, screen is brighter , but battery drains faster on my phone. Also, for my spotify app the marshmallow update erased all of my songs I downloaded on spotify and keeps saying no local area storage found ....ugh 😡
Also, why can I unlock the phone with just the fingerprint sensor without first having to swipe the screen to unlock it?? Not feeling Marshmallow so far but many Verizon will release small updates along the way to enhance the user experience.

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Had to uninstall/reinstall Spotify to get it to recognize the external SD card, annoying Nova /fps problem.
Have a feeling my battery would be better (not noticeably bad or different with Lollipop) if I did a factory reset. Doze seems to be awesome <with an extended flatline and occasional step - 1%)

Posted from my LG V10 (VS990)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20