T-Mobile LG V10 getting Marshmallow Next Week! (Update: It's Live Now!)

Chris Dontworryaboutit

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Everything is up to date according to the play store. It seems to be at 5 when it happens and it's not every day. I'm so stumped. All my ringtones and notification tones are set to other sounds. I just have no idea what app it could be because there is no sign of what it is when it happens.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone seeing the results of "Doze"? I did the standby test last night by leaving my phone off the charger. I went to bed at 1:15AM with 90% and woke up this morning at 8:15AM with 80%. That's not that good of you ask me.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone seeing the results of "Doze"? I did the standby test last night by leaving my phone off the charger. I went to bed at 1:15AM with 90% and woke up this morning at 8:15AM with 80%. That's not that good of you ask me.

How long have you had the update? Have you set any apps to ignore optimizations?

I set ignore for Gmail and a couple others I think so I won't ever see the full benefit I guess but my battery life is still outstanding.

I normally charge at night so I've only left it off charger at night once. I ended up with 25 hours up time and 5.5 hours SOT, so 19.5 hours of idle. I'd consider that pretty great for a 3000 mAh battery, 5.7" screen, and a second screen.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
How long have you had the update? Have you set any apps to ignore optimizations?

I set ignore for Gmail and a couple others I think so I won't ever see the full benefit I guess but my battery life is still outstanding.

I normally charge at night so I've only left it off charger at night once. I ended up with 25 hours up time and 5.5 hours SOT, so 19.5 hours of idle. I'd consider that pretty great for a 3000 mAh battery, 5.7" screen, and a second screen.
Actually battery life has been better after the update. I updated my on day one cause curiosity.lol But there are times when the screen isn't even on much and the battery life just plummets. I usually charge my phone every night but this was just a test and one I think I'll try at least once a week to see how the results vary.

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
can i skip the update? this is only my 2nd android phone in three years and i am pretty happy with it AS IS...

also if i skip will i keep getting notifications to update? and will apps stop updating and/or start failing?

thanks!

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I love the MM update

There are a lot of people complaining but I just wanted to say that I love the update...

Smoother UI
Better standby battery life
Faster camera
Faster.. Plain and simple

Who else is with me?

Posted via the Android Central App

rebus66

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Pretty good so far, except for one big issue. It takes calls like 5-6 seconds to connect after I dial the number. Weird.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
can i skip the update? this is only my 2nd android phone in three years and i am pretty happy with it AS IS...

also if i skip will i keep getting notifications to update? and will apps stop updating and/or start failing?

thanks!

love your username.

You can just ignore the update. It'll continue to be in the notifications bar.

So far I've ignored it for the same reason as you, although I imagine I'll hit the button sometime.

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
love your username.

You can just ignore the update. It'll continue to be in the notifications bar.

So far I've ignored it for the same reason as you, although I imagine I'll hit the button sometime.

haha all of my computers drives etc are named after apocalypse now characters...

i'll ignore the update as long as i can. thank you!!

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: I love the MM update

There are a lot of people complaining but I just wanted to say that I love the update...

Smoother UI
Better standby battery life
Faster camera
Faster.. Plain and simple

Who else is with me?

Still testing that standby battery time. A few times I have purposely left the phone off the charger overnight to see how much battery it would use and a couple times it used over 10% in a six to seven hour period. That's not great but I want to do that once a week to see if that is normal or not. The update has been great though.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
haha all of my computers drives etc are named after apocalypse now characters...

i'll ignore the update as long as i can. thank you!!

Yes OK to ignore. There are security holes plugged with the mm update but I don't think a big deal. For using almost everything mm won't make any huge difference. And of course some here have issues with mm but I won't get into that. For me mm is problem free.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Ok so overall battery life has been better however in testing standby times overnight I can see that there are absolutely no optimizations happening. My battery has dropped over 10% over 6-7 hours each time I left it off the charger over night. Last night I closed all my apps as well going to bed with 93% at about 1:35. I woke up this morning at 9:40 and the battery is at 80%. I cannot understand why the idle/standby mode uses that much battery. Definitely not a deal breaker but something is like to see improved on the sequel to the V10 if there is one.
4b5d7dda1c8a370aa21f6d6e87adc0c4.jpg
1fdfa4696fd922ad542a9f66c99c7672.jpg
5940874fee79d1d6c5d3243f1f029086.jpg
19b245faf30136d4ebb2593bf66b6371.jpg
c49351b19ed4a5cd23136e5aeda518b1.jpg
1fac9ab00211356f5b278651df50d143.jpg

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I did too a week or so ago. Everything has been fine since.

Mine was fine before but I think it's a lot better now. I tested it over night with the secondary screen on and it drained down to 81 percent but I had lookout on also. I disabled both and will try again. A few weeks ago I woke up and it was still at 100 but that hasn't happened again.

Also Lux is working a lot better now that I factory reset.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol