please help...how do i shut my notifications off at night but....

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
leave my ringer on?

i come from blackberry where we had sound profiles you could customize. on my first and only other android (HTC ONE) i downloaded an app called "sound profile pro" that allowed me to do the same thing: keep the ringer on but everything else off when i slept.

with this phone i haven't been able to do this. i now have priorities and interruptions and am confused. with sound profile pro, with the call volume up it still does not audibly ring. the other day i think i changed my interruption settings on the phone to get rid of the star at the top that says priority only and now my phone gives me audible text notifications at night.

also when i switch back to my standard daily profile for notification sometimes the star remains for priority interruptions only.

are sound profiles a blackberry thing that are now called interruptions? is there a better app for this? am i making sense? here are some screengrabs if that helps....

thank you!!

Screenshot_2016-04-14-06-33-06.jpgScreenshot_2016-04-14-06-34-19.jpgScreenshot_2016-04-14-06-34-28.jpg

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Set interruptions to Priority Only and under Priority, only have Incoming Calls checked.

The only sound you will get is if there is a call or an alarm that you set.

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
seems simple enough. but is there an app that will remember my settings so i don't have to go four screens deep to change it every time?

thank you!!!

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
seems simple enough. but is there an app that will remember my settings so i don't have to go four screens deep to change it every time?

thank you!!!

What exactly do you need to change?

You can use the toggles in the notification shade to switch between all interruptions or priority setting.

Set priority to calls only. When priority mode is selected, only calls and alarms will sound.

You can also set a schedule for your phone to automatically go into priority mode at a certain time and end at a certain time.

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
i work in the film industry so i am hoping to have three profiles...

1. everything make noise (ringer, email, text)

2. nothing make noise (cause i am on set)

3. sleep (ringer on, everything else off)

i think what youre describing is only two out of three options. but I'll go check it out now. bummed sound profile pro doesnt work well on this phone.

thank you!!

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
i work in the film industry so i am hoping to have three profiles...

1. everything make noise (ringer, email, text)

2. nothing make noise (cause i am on set)

3. sleep (ringer on, everything else off)

i think what youre describing is only two out of three options. but I'll go check it out now. bummed sound profile pro doesnt work well on this phone.

thank you!!

You can do all of those, you just need a combination of Sound profile and Do not disturb.

For all sounds, Do not disturb is off and sound profile is set to sound.

For a silent phone, toggle sound profile to silent.

Just just the ringer at night, set your priority to calls only and turn on do not disturb.

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
uh oh. i uninstalled sound profile pro...i think you were correct with your first response. today i am trying leaving incoming calls ticked under priority. then in the notification shade i will toggle between all notifications when i am out, no interruptions when i am on set, and priority only when i sleep. fingers crossed it works.

thank you!!

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
uh oh. i uninstalled sound profile pro...i think you were correct with your first response. today i am trying leaving incoming calls ticked under priority. then in the notification shade i will toggle between all notifications when i am out, no interruptions when i am on set, and priority only when i sleep. fingers crossed it works.

thank you!!

That should do it. I don't use the no interruptions, but I often set priority with vibrate and it works fine

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173