Annoying Popups etc. since update?

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
In the few weeks since updating my V10 to the latest android version and then doing a reset, I have started getting advertising popups and messages from Verizon. Maybe I had them turned off previously and when I updated and reset and needed to turn them off somehow again? I can't remember. Anyway what I am getting is messages from Verizon asking me to use their cloud, or other features from Verizon. For example I am looking now at a message prompting me to set up Verizon Protect. There are lots of different things Verizon is trying to get me to use or set up. I don't want any of it. I already use the Verizon features I want to use and do not need them to keep reminding me every day about all the worthless ones they offer that I do not want to use. Can I stop these? Thanks!

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Yeah... the marshmallow update also re-activates some of the Verizon advertising bloat.
.Amazon (kindle/music)
.Verizon Cloud
.go90
.NFL Mobile
.Slacker radio
.Thinkfree viewer
.DTignite

>Deactivate them all
>Terminate all app permissions
>Restrict background data
>Clear all storage cache and data
>Block notifications

Verizon uses DTignite and go90 as a back door into your phone. So they may have installed additional bloat on your phone thats running rogue in the background. The ones listed above are just the ones that I found on mine.

You might also see battery life improvement by taking these measures... I know I did.

Will_T

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I have done most of that, including DTignite. I'll have to look for go90. But I still get the messages in my notification area from Verizon telling me to use Verizon Cloud, VZ Navigator, Verizon Protect, etc. etc. Those are what I want to stop.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Its strange mine never did that.

I do have some of the Verizon bloat still active... message+, MyVerizon, and Voice mail. Maybe I have "enough" of it still active that they don't feel the need to pester me about it?

Might want to double check your battery usage monitor too, a lot of times it can reveal what is chugging and churning hidden from view.

Good Luck!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey