I'm really stumped.

Chris Dontworryaboutit

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I hate to start a thread because I asked in another one but it just got pushed back a couple pages and lost so I'm trying again hoping there are some ideas. I am having an odd issue since the Marshmallow update. On some days at either 4 or 5 pm the T-Mobile jingle goes off a bunch of times. No notification or call from anyone and no alarm to shut off when this happens. In fact I can't stop it without just turning the volume down. Anyone have any ideas what it could be? Again it does not happen every day, maybe 3-4 days a week and it's either 4 or 5 pm but not both. Nothing shows up in the notification tray so it's really confusing.

Chris Dontworryaboutit

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Not right away but eventually yes, they are going to be the same apps. They are the same apps I had on the phone before the update though and it never happened before.

dwmitchell61

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Did you check your Google Calendar for a recurring event?
I would think a factory reset would clear your clock of alarms, unless you restore afterwards.

Chris Dontworryaboutit

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I have checked all calendars, alarms and smart settings. Because there is no indication as far as what is causing it when it happens I'm thinking it some glitch and might do another full reset and see how it goes. Appreciate the ideas though.

Posted via the Android Central App

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
If you do another reset, only install must needed apps if any. Try to use the phone for a few days to see if it still does it with minimal or no apps installed. It's easier said than done but it's the only way I can think of to determine the cause.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome