LG V10 Bootloop

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Just returned mine yesterday for a warranty replacement. Working one minute, charging...then received a message, started to reply and it froze....ended up on the LG boot screen, nothing really worked in this thread, best I could get was to the Verizon boot once in a while where it would lock and return to the LG boot screen...

Harsha737

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Well it's happened..... I woke up this morning late because my phone was dead. It was on the charger and tested the charger with another phone. Thought this was odd and after several attempts to turn in on with the power button...nothing.. I the proceeded to pull the batter and waited about 15 mons before putting it back in. Power it on and whew... it came on.. got past the LG logo, then came up the AT&T logo and then right back to the LG logo... CRAP!!!

So after several attempts to recover by trying different batteries, trying to get into the boot loader etc, I have deemed it hopeless and taking it in the AT&T store to see what they can do for me. I have insurance so hopefully they have on in stock to trade it out since I do not have a spare to switch to while waiting on a replacement.

Has anyone else had an issue with the V10 boot-looping like the G4 had?
Can you tell me s/n

BoxerRumbleS

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happening to me. My phone use to heat up all the time, gets really hot near the power button. When charging and using Google Maps in my car, it would stop charging and want to turn off. Right now it's stuck on the LG Life's Good powered by android screen. I can't get it to boot at all. When I get home I will try the freezer trick. My serial number starts with a 510. I hope I can save my photos and back up the phone, as I am still under warranty which is, at least, a plus. Also with ATT

Miss Falalalala

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
My local t-mobile store has already rec'vd my lgv10 replacement, but I'm holding out in desperate hope someone somewhere out there knows a way to get past the opening screen so I can save my files. Not photos, I only had like 10 on there... but text messages I need for court. I have them locked but not backed up. My phone got stuck while it was mid charge, it still charges. And so far twice in the 2 weeks since it happened it has gotten to my home screen, but that lasted all of 2 seconds. I can't soft or hard reset. It wasn't an overheating issue. It just stopped. No more LG for me.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
My local t-mobile store has already rec'vd my lgv10 replacement, but I'm holding out in desperate hope someone somewhere out there knows a way to get past the opening screen so I can save my files. Not photos, I only had like 10 on there... but text messages I need for court. I have them locked but not backed up. My phone got stuck while it was mid charge, it still charges. And so far twice in the 2 weeks since it happened it has gotten to my home screen, but that lasted all of 2 seconds. I can't soft or hard reset. It wasn't an overheating issue. It just stopped. No more LG for me.

You tried the freezer method? It's non-destructive.

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Yup, my V10 did this yesterday (8-27-16)....the dreaded endless reboot. It wouldn't let me do a cache dump or factory reset until I took your advice and put it in the freezer. I went to Verizon and they claim they have not heard of this issue. They are sending a replacement overnight.....should have it by Tuesday. I purchased in Nov 2015, I'm a very heavy user. Not trusting LG at all now.....this was my first and LAST LG phone I can tell you that right now! Looks like it's back to Samsung for my next phone.

anon(903870)

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Yup, my V10 did this yesterday (8-27-16)....the dreaded endless reboot. It wouldn't let me do a cache dump or factory reset until I took your advice and put it in the freezer. I went to Verizon and they claim they have not heard of this issue. They are sending a replacement overnight.....should have it by Tuesday. I purchased in Nov 2015, I'm a very heavy user. Not trusting LG at all now.....this was my first and LAST LG phone I can tell you that right now! Looks like it's back to Samsung for my next phone.

This is the exact situation I'm in now. Currently comparing the s7 edge and note 7. Screw LG I'm out of here.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
This is very irritating for me to join this discussion as I JUST stated how this issue was one that hasn't plagued everyone and probably less of an issue than what people were making it out to be. I literally JUST defended LG on a post today and I wake up around 7 something and notice my phone on the LG Life's Good boot screen. I thought to myself that's odd. The phone went on to boot up but was exhibiting some weird behavior. I had to sign in to everything again. My calendar was blank until I signed in again. I used it for a few minutes actually and then while I was on Facebook another app started loading randomly. Then the phone shut off while I was doing something and rebooted. My V10 has been near perfect and now this. I really hate to abandon LG after such a great experience and the V20 launch right around the corner as I was planning to upgrade to that. I really have to take a step back now and reevaluate if I want to continue with LG now. In the meantime with my Jump upgrade eligibility next month I'm going to go back to using Windows Phone(ordering a Lumia 830 tonight) until the V20 launch to see if I'll get that or reluctantly and I do mean reluctantly move elsewhere. I'm actually considering....the iPhone at this point and that's just out of just wanting a device that just works. Maybe if Apple's duo camera setup on the iPhone 7 Plus is several steps forward I may get that. Or I may just get the Galaxy S7 and call it a day. I really cannot believe this happened to me too. I loved my V10 but I will not be replacing it for another one unless the issue fixes itself.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I just ordered a Lumia 830 as a backup phone and I'll be using that until I decide what to get next. If G5 owners have been having these same issues I may have to move away from LG unfortunately. I really enjoyed their offerings.

anon(903870)

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
This is very irritating for me to join this discussion as I JUST stated how this issue was one that hasn't plagued everyone and probably less of an issue than what people were making it out to be. I literally JUST defended LG on a post today and I wake up around 7 something and notice my phone on the LG Life's Good boot screen. I thought to myself that's odd. The phone went on to boot up but was exhibiting some weird behavior. I had to sign in to everything again. My calendar was blank until I signed in again. I used it for a few minutes actually and then while I was on Facebook another app started loading randomly. Then the phone shut off while I was doing something and rebooted. My V10 has been near perfect and now this. I really hate to abandon LG after such a great experience and the V20 launch right around the corner as I was planning to upgrade to that. I really have to take a step back now and reevaluate if I want to continue with LG now. In the meantime with my Jump upgrade eligibility next month I'm going to go back to using Windows Phone(ordering a Lumia 830 tonight) until the V20 launch to see if I'll get that or reluctantly and I do mean reluctantly move elsewhere. I'm actually considering....the iPhone at this point and that's just out of just wanting a device that just works. Maybe if Apple's duo camera setup on the iPhone 7 Plus is several steps forward I may get that. Or I may just get the Galaxy S7 and call it a day. I really cannot believe this happened to me too. I loved my V10 but I will not be replacing it for another one unless the issue fixes itself.

raw

I also am waiting to look into this iphone 7. I need a reliable phone for once.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Lol good one. Got eem. But yeah if I find this issue in the G5 thread, I will not be getting the V20 although I'm already super excited about it.smh

THeuber85

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
I know you posted this question just over a month ago, but noticed no one had responded.

When you purchase the phone through a mobile provider, whether you elect to add insurance or not, the phone has a 12-month warranty that the mobile provider typically honors. The only thing they will not cover is if the phone is broken, screen is cracked, or has liquid damage (any physical damage, essentially).

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I took my phone to my T-Mobile store and explained what happened. The rep tried to do a manufacturer reset and even that didn't work. It got stuck on the first setup screen with no responsiveness so I'll be getting a replacement next Tuesday since the V10 is on backorder at the moment. Really love the phone still but I will be making a decision about what to get next after the V20 and iPhone 7/7 Plus announcements. I'm leaning towards the S7 though. Solid phone. Very nice size. Still top of the line camera. I want to wait and see what everyone has to offer first.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I see many people here, in the G5 and G4 thread talking about switching to Samsung or Apple which is fine but really, they all got their own problems too. All we can do is hope we didn't get a lemon and if we did, our service provider or their warranty department helps make it right.

My G4 just boot looped and I'm back to my G3 but I'd still consider the V20

lincoln131

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Tuesday night my V10 died on me, too. I went to the local corporate store and they tried troubleshooting, but they ended up putting in a warranty claim. They also told me it was backordered with no specific ETA.

Thursday morning, I called Customer Care to check on the status, and they tell me that it is still backordered, but it should be less than 5 days to get more in. Approximately 20 minutes later, I get a text saying that they're shipping me a Galaxy S6 as a replacement. They didn't offer that information either time I spoke to them.

Today, the LG V10 is still avaliable for sale on T-Mobile's website.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Tuesday night my V10 died on me, too. I went to the local corporate store and they tried troubleshooting, but they ended up putting in a warranty claim. They also told me it was backordered with no specific ETA.

Thursday morning, I called Customer Care to check on the status, and they tell me that it is still backordered, but it should be less than 5 days to get more in. Approximately 20 minutes later, I get a text saying that they're shipping me a Galaxy S6 as a replacement. They didn't offer that information either time I spoke to them.

Sorry to hear. Although I think a comparable replacement would be the s6 edge.

How long have you had the phone ?

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

My V10 was back ordered as well and wasn't supposed to come until next Tuesday-Wednesday but it came yesterday and I'm going to pick it up now. I think the S6 is an ok replacement but they should've given you something newer considering the S6 doesn't have expandable storage at least. Hope they can get you your V10 though. I still love the phone and I would be tempted to keep it had it not been for the bootloop issue.