This phone is.....

Michael MCATEE

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
Post your own feelings.

Mine are as follows

Awesome... no seriously it is.

Yes it does have a little light bleed on the second screen and it doesn't have a amoled screen but other than that I am frigging amazed everytime I fire up any music or videos on it. Spoiled actually since this is my second one I have kept. Lol

It may not have the fastest chipset in it but I have had one recently with it and you really don't see that much improvement on a day-to-day basis, at least I don't.

Fast charge is nice but swapping out a fully charged battery is faster.. and the SD card doesn't disconnect and is hidden by the carriers like on other phones recently.

Battery life is so subjective these days with how different everyone sets up their phone and usage.. But I am getting around 5 hours screen time most days.

Are there better phones out today and tomorrow sure that's the natural progression of this industry, but I have my own benchmark for smartphones and this one is a the top of the heep for overall satisfaction..

Posted via the Android Central App

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I agree at this point this phone does everything that I want it to do. Every phone from this point will have to match the LG V10 for sheer happiness to own

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I totally love this phone. I love the back buttons. The performance is almost always amazing. I'm actually nervous that LG won't continue the line, or if they do, they might stray away from the back buttons. There's really nothing on the market right now that I would want instead of this phone.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I have grown into one of those "in the know", upgrade once a year/half people but the V10 checks so many boxes for me that after one month of owning it I told myself I wouldn't upgrade from it. I pay monthly installments on it and am eligible any time I have half the device paid off which would be this fall but at this point the only two devices that out that plan on jeopardy are the follow up to the V10(assuming LG will continue the V line) and the long awaited, dreamed about Surface Phone from Microsoft and there are so many variables outside of that just for me to consider getting that. I'll probably end up keeping the V10 forever as a perfectly capable backup phone and one that I'll continue using interchangeably with my next phone. It's one of those phones you look back on and say "they really nailed it with that one."

Last edited:

Michael MCATEE

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
This phone is...

A great camera

20160616_185212_zpsm2czx4r5.jpg

Posted via LG v10

Marina Bumber

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
... One of my better life choices lol.
I'm freakin loving it, and I found out about it by pure chance. So underrated! Didn't know it existed. I was preparing for Galaxy s7, coming from Galaxy S5, it seemed *logical* But then I learned Samsung killed removable battery AND SD card, so I needed to find something else. Now I am so glad Samsung was stupid :) After initial crappy battery life, it improved drastically, so now I go to bed with 20%, fine with me. One tiny little thing I wish it was better, I wish automatic brightness was more to my liking. For me, it's always too bright, which is nice, but I'm thinking about battery life.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
One of the few phones I've had that hit the most marks in my book, even if my V10 has the infamous image retention issues that the G4 has.

Posted via an LG V10

jj2me

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
One tiny little thing I wish it was better, I wish automatic brightness was more to my liking. For me, it's always too bright, which is nice, but I'm thinking about battery life.

I don't have this phone. But regarding auto brightness being too bright, I thought it's the same on all Android phones, that the auto brightness level depends on the last brightness setting before you checked the auto brightness box. That's how it worked when I just tested it on my Galaxy S6 Edge+.

Just uncheck auto brightness, manually lower brightness a bit, then re-check the auto brightness box. Repeat until you're satisfied.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
The marshmallow update brightened the screen up slight but noticeably. I just leave the auto bright turned on and just manually dial it back whenever I need to. IMHO this is the lesser of two evils. I used to leave it unchecked, but there were times I would find myself in bright sunlight and a black screen.

Marina Bumber

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I will try it that way. Yes, I found myself with black screen as well, "blind". Funny enough, I never had to think about brightness with Galaxy S5. But, still, I love this phone.

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I love the phone, especially the camera, screen, as well as the ability to charge wirelessly. I don't like that the last security update was in February.

Should we all be concerned with the lack of security updates?

rivers2

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
It's the first cell phone I was ever truly happy with.
Until I got the bootloop issue a few days ago. 8 months and it has flaked out. Very disappointing. Currently trying to decide to do replacement (refurb) or switch to something else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21