buying new 2nd hand?

onnad

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Would it be a good or bad idea to buy a new (unactivated-verizon carrier) but 2nd hand (say ebay or swappa) ?

onnad

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the input. I ordered one from eBay. Is there a way to tell when the phone was first activated? (They said they only had the phone 1 week)

onnad

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up! In the pictures the screen looked fine but when it arrived today, the screen is cracked :'(View attachment 230929

View attachment 230936View attachment 230937

These are the pictures from the auction:

View attachment 230930View attachment 230931

I've already contacted the member (they sent it via priority w/insurance). I personally don't think it was packed well as it was moving around in the box :(. It sounds like the seller feels as they have done nothing wrong and felt it was packaged well. Even went to say they don't know if I dropped the package. So I've opened a dispute as this is not acceptable

Last edited:

onnad

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Now that I'm feeling burned, need to decide pmt or 2 yr contract (BB has the best deal for the 2 yr)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up! In the pictures the screen looked fine but when it arrived today, the screen is cracked :'(View attachment 230929

View attachment 230936View attachment 230937

These are the pictures from the auction:

View attachment 230930View attachment 230931

I've already contacted the member (they sent it via priority w/insurance). I personally don't think it was packed well as it was moving around in the box :(. It sounds like the seller feels as they have done nothing wrong and felt it was packaged well. Even went to say they don't know if I dropped the package. So I've opened a dispute as this is not acceptable

EBay should be able to help with dispute

Posted via the Android Central App

onnad

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Do I wait for the seller to contact me after I opened the dispute? They did ask questions and I responded but nothing since and I'm not sure what I need to do right now. Ebay will step in and help on or after the 30th if it hasn't been resolved or lack of response from the seller. I've never had this issue so thanks in advance for the input :)

michael hester1

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
the seller will have to give you a full refund .ebay will take it out of there pay pal account,Im a ebay power seller.some times things get damaged in shipping.

onnad

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Will I need to pay to ship the phone back? About how long should I expect the process to take? Does the seller accepting returns or not impact the out come?

Last edited:

michael hester1

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
seller has to pay shipping.when you get in contack whith ebay ,ebay will take care of it.if you used pay pal.should be a couple of days.as a seller if a shipment is lost broke are real late.customer reports it to ebay .ebay takes the money right out of my pay pal account.Ihave a 99 percent ratting.but things happen. hope this helps.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Glad you are on the way to get this resolved... So unacceptable and unfair that this has happened to you. Please keep us posted!

Posted via the Android Central App

croaker68

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I bought my current v10 on swappa and it turned out great - got 2 extra batteries with the cradles, 2 cases and the wireless charging back all for a great price. phone was mint.

onnad

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I learned a big lesson buying from Ebay.. I watched swappa for awhile and ended up just getting one under contract yesterday. I prefered the lux white but I'll live ;)

So the phone is ready for Marshmallow update. I knew it would be coming so I only installed a few apps. Should I do a factory reset after installing it to ensure the best outcome (based on reading from the other threads)?

Still waiting for where to go next for the dispute. It says 3 business days and this afternoon is that. It only say return has been initiated.

So the case has been opened today (June 30) so I'll hear within 48 hrs the outcome... The seller actually asked ebay to step in (I was going to do that this afternoon to give it the full 3 days)

Last edited:

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I bought a NEW UNUSED one off eBay. It arrived in the original box. Came as described, and no problems. Brand new, unregistered, because if you go through AT&T unlock site, you need one paid and unregistered to unlock it.

onnad

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Yeah Ebay can have good and bad sellers. That was my plan to get a new device however the seller had stated it was a week old but a really good price (I can see why now!)

onnad

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm very pissed right now. So within 15 min of the case being opened they felt the seller's description was accurate and won't issue a refund. This is the reason stated: "We've determined that the seller has described the item accurately. Unfortunately, eBay Buyer Protection only covers items received if there was something wrong with them" :'( Seriously!! The phone was damaged during shipping and now I have to pay for that!!!!! What can I do?

I have filed a dispute with Paypal now. Any further advice would be great..

Update on dispute (7-2) I have to pay to ship the phone back once shown it's been returned I'll get the refund for what I paid in the first place. So overall happy with the process and happy it is almost finished!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehammed