LG V10 stuck on "Life's Good" screen but won't turn on

spydersilk

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I gave my wife my V10 back in July. Never had any problems. Kept reading about all the issues everyone was having. Then yesterday, all of a sudden, boot loop yesterday.
Unbelievable

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I gave my wife my V10 back in July. Never had any problems. Kept reading about all the issues everyone was having. Then yesterday, all of a sudden, boot loop yesterday.
Unbelievable
Same story with mine when I had it. Unfortunately there are no warning signs before ir happens.

andrea short

Dec 4, 2016
Visit site
Same story with mine when I had it. Unfortunately there are no warning signs before ir happens.

Mine did it on Monday...woke up at 7am it was fine...took a nap and woke up later and it was dead dead dead. Took it in to AT&T and they said the software was killing the phones. Mine was still under warranty so they mailed me a new V10

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: LG V10 stuck on "Life's Good" screen but won't turn on

Mine did it on Monday...woke up at 7am it was fine...took a nap and woke up later and it was dead dead dead. Took it in to AT&T and they said the software was killing the phones. Mine was still under warranty so they mailed me a new V10
How did they know it was still under warranty?

EDIT: I went to LG's website and registered my phone just in case.

Last edited:

jenlambz

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
Guess I'm glad to know I'm not alone?! UGH! Boot loop over here, too. Had an LG G3 and loved it until the display went. Paid LG to fix it and when I got it back weeks later, it started doing it again. My husband gave me a hard time when I bought the V10 after what happened with my G3, but I love their phones and I'm a battery killer. I rotate it out twice a day. I'm so irritated as I sit here, day 3 of no phone with expedited shipping that DHL apparently misplaced for two days and won't be getting it till the 13th. NEVER AGAIN, LG! NEVER AGAIN!

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Guess I'm glad to know I'm not alone?! UGH! Boot loop over here, too. Had an LG G3 and loved it until the display went. Paid LG to fix it and when I got it back weeks later, it started doing it again. My husband gave me a hard time when I bought the V10 after what happened with my G3, but I love their phones and I'm a battery killer. I rotate it out twice a day. I'm so irritated as I sit here, day 3 of no phone with expedited shipping that DHL apparently misplaced for two days and won't be getting it till the 13th. NEVER AGAIN, LG! NEVER AGAIN!
But you do have a cheap/reliable backup phone for the future right?

jenlambz

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
But you do have a cheap/reliable backup phone for the future right?

just heading up to AT&T now, actually LOL I've been using two phones for days. We have an old Galaxy S4 that won't read a SIM now that I am using for apps I need and an old iPhone 3g (seriously, feels like a tic tac in my hand) that the OS is SO old on that literally NOTHING works on it but making and receiving calls. #BALLIN

anyone move on to something they love?

Last edited by a moderator:

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Can't say I love it but I'm impressed with the battery life on my s7 edge. I had 2 spare batteries on my v10! (yes 3 batteries) I can get a day and a half or two days on my edge. I have a quick charge external battery I carry with me just in case.

VR is fun and since so many people got them free they are dirt cheap on ebay and swappa. There wasn't anything on the market when my phone looped so I went and picked up a used phone until something hits the market that tickles my fancy.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site

Bought mine used a year ago, worked fine until 6 days ago--then boot loop. Ah, well, so be it. And rather than buy a new V20, I rolled the dice and bought another used V10 off Swappa. Got here quickly, restored from my Android account, easy peasy.

But on thinking about it, I had some odd behavior that started a week or two before: my wallpaper choice wouldn't stick. It kept going back to a set of stock rotating wallpapers.

If this happens again, I will prepare myself by getting a new phone.

Chris Baker8

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
the same thing happened from my v10 1 month after warranty so I have to pay out of pocket for a new phone because insurance didn't cover malfunction. the same thing also happened with my wife's g4 and deleted all her pictures and videos from sd card but T-Mobile replaced it still under warranty. :-$

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
No. They repaired mine and sent it back.

Not only is it working fine, but the used one I got off Swappa is working fine--and both of them, interestingly enough, have significantly better battery life than my original one did before I sent it in for repair.

Mama2Many

May 2, 2013
Visit site
The dreaded boot loop happened to me today! :( I'm getting another phone through my insurance with ATT. I was a bad girl and haven't backed up my phone for a while. Couple questions...can I reload my last backup onto the new phone when it gets here through the LG software on my laptop? Is there any way to retrieve anything that wasn't backed up? Does Google or Android or LG have any back up services that I would be able to tap into?

Thanks!

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Google is, or should be if you told it to, backing up your phone silently in the background.

When you get the new one and give it your email address, Google should ask you if you want to restore from a backup in the cloud. Absolutely.

The only thing not being backed up would be text messages.

Mama2Many

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I am praying that previous me was smart enough to turn that on....LOL I just can't remember! UGH. Well, new phone is getting delivered today so I will see how smart previous me was.....