Will there ever be a better phone than the V10?

biotron2000

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I hope so, but I'm getting worried. I will not go to anything with a smaller screen or without a removable battery and SD card slot. Not to mention the phenomenal camera. I can't find any information about there even being anything in the pipeline, and LG seems to have stepped away from the flagship phone market.
I may just have to buy a second V10 in case this one dies again after the warranty expires.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
There will always be phones that are going to be better than your current handset hardware-wise: that's just how the smartphone market works. On the bright side, the V10 is still a pretty exclusive device which won't be made obsolete as a whole package until later on, probably when the V11 is introduced this coming October.

Posted via an LG V10

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
There will always be phones that are going to be better than your current handset hardware-wise: that's just how the smartphone market works. On the bright side, the V10 is still a pretty exclusive device which won't be made obsolete as a whole package until later on, probably when the V11 is introduced this coming October.

Posted via an LG V10

A new V11 sounds tempting. do you have a www source for this info? I'd love to read up on it more. Being a huge fan of this phone. thanks!!

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
A new V11 sounds tempting. do you have a www source for this info? I'd love to read up on it more. Being a huge fan of this phone. thanks!!

Tbh, I'm only using LG's claim that the V10 is the inaugural device for a so-called V-line to say that LG will release a V11 or whatever they call it, as do many other people. Basically I'm just making speculation until there are leaks for a new V-device and so forth.

Posted via an LG V10

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I hope there is a V11.
For now the V10 is the first phone I could keep beyond 18 months.

Posted from my LG V10 (VS990)

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I do hope that LG doesn't screw up the v11 like they did the g5 and that they fix the issues of the bootloops, Bluetooth, and WiFi on it this time around.

If they try to go the way Samsung has with a non removable battery and go with a metallic back like HTC or worse like they did on the g5, I don't know what I will want to buy next year.

Posted via the Android Central App

fid

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased a used V10 to hold me over until the ZTE Axon 7 is release (or OP3).

I love this thing and hope LG does build on the 'good' from the V10. Just update/correct the problems... Duraguard flaking, battery, etc. The Cameras, Sound system, removable battery, removable storage, second screen..

Other than size, for many an understandable issue, this is just a great all-around device. I listened to hi-res music on my Sennheiser HD 600 last night and was completely impressed. I've personally never heard such clarity, warmth, range and power from a smartphone.

Personally, if they simply came out with a model with the 820 chipset --- (It seems great battery and performance are trademarks of the 820) for a reasonable cost, I'd buy three for the family.

Andrew Bonner

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I hope so, but I'm getting worried. I will not go to anything with a smaller screen or without a removable battery and SD card slot. Not to mention the phenomenal camera. I can't find any information about there even being anything in the pipeline, and LG seems to have stepped away from the flagship phone market.
I may just have to buy a second V10 in case this one dies again after the warranty expires.

The V20.

Kitwalz

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Dear God there's no way I can go to a smaller screen. The removable back is not a deal-breaker for me, but I would choose a phone with it before I would use one without it.

But I do hope that LG does continue the v-line because for the most part this phone is really solid device.

And I do like the LG phones

posted via the Pokémon Central app
-----------------------------------------------
before you see the light, you have to deal with the darkness

sniperservice

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I loved the V10...but the Battery Life was so atrocious even with the free spare and battery charger/cradle, that I reluctantly switched to S7E when it was released. If the V11 is released as almost the same exact phone with some updated specs, I will be all over it. I really hope they go with a 4000 mah battery. I swear, if the battery life was even somewhat adequate, I would still have it.

bskin8

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I loved the V10...but the Battery Life was so atrocious even with the free spare and battery charger/cradle, that I reluctantly switched to S7E when it was released. If the V11 is released as almost the same exact phone with some updated specs, I will be all over it. I really hope they go with a 4000 mah battery. I swear, if the battery life was even somewhat adequate, I would still have it.

You must have gotten a bad device. I'll give you this. On Lollipop, the battery life was bad but since I upgraded to M, I'll get probably 5 to 6 hrs on screen time which is pretty decent. I see everyone around me charging their devices way before me and we still have the second battery. I take the charger with me in my backpack to work just in case but I never need it. It's only 2 or 3 times a week I use the second battery. Of course, battery saving tips like auto screen brightness an turning things like Wi-Fi and location and Bluetooth when you don't need it helps also. I love everything about this phone. Maybe you should have gotten another one before switching. Just my 2¢ though fwiw.

datum9

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Note 7.
If it's 6" I am definitely jumping on it.

The "second screen" is a flop, not all that useful since I cannot place custom apps in like displaying time or voltage other than what they already have. I would rather have the entire 5.9" screen than this mostly useless real estate.

The on screen keys are inferior to the setup of LG Optimus G Pro, where the home button and the back-forward keys were not on the screen. the on-screen keys annoy me to no end.

What else.. let's see, all these reports of screen cracking for no apparent reason.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Kinda like Orville asking Wilbur at Kitty Hawk if there will ever be a better plane than the Wright Flyer.....

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I hope there is a V11.
For now the V10 is the first phone I could keep beyond 18 months.

Posted from my LG V10 (VS990)

The next model seems to be labeled the V20 and may be released in September or October. From the leaks it sounds like it will be pretty damn nice.

biotron2000

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site

Kinda like Orville asking Wilbur at Kitty Hawk if there will ever be a better plane than the Wright Flyer.....

I meant better for me. Bigger screen, faster processor, removable battery, SD card slot, amazing camera, et cetera. Pretty much what I said in the original post...

biotron2000

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm waiting for the announcement, but my head's been turned by the ZenFone 3 Ultra. Neither one is available yet, so I may just wait for the reviews. 6.8" screen? Huge battery that can actually charge other devices? I'm drooling at the thought. The camera may be the tiebreaker, though. I'm still in love with the V10's camera. It takes better pictures than my Nikon.