ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Yep I just got it. Took a while 15 minutes) and yes it started on its own 😠

Posted via the Android Central App

Andrew Bonner

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Downloaded on its own all on 4G. WTF, is there a way to force downloads of huge updates like this over wifi? My goodness, it took a huge chunk of my data to download!!! It also roasted my battery from 93% at 8:00 to 5% at Noon.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I thought that when verizon sends out updates they were data free? The update downloaded on its own when I wasn't home and didn't use any data at all

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Supposed to be something to improve WiFi calling. I don't use WiFi calling so really didn't know it was an issue.

Denis Tsien

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
This may be a coincidence but my data usage started spiking from 7/26 to the tune of 2G per day and per Verizon tech support it is due to the email app. They can't tell if it is the email provider or the app that is using the data.

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
My battery life has been noticeable better since the update. Not sure if that's just me, or some coincidence or what. Last two days though it has seemed better for sure.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
My battery life has been noticeable better since the update. Not sure if that's just me, or some coincidence or what. Last two days though it has seemed better for sure.

I noticed this as well. Thought it was just my imagination

km04

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Just noticed it downloading, never prompted me or asked for permission. Hope it doesn't screw my phone up.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm scared to download it. The last one ruined the performance of my phones battery and caused some issues. Had to do a reset to even get it working in fact. Ended up having Verizon send me a new phone about a month ago. So now I'm scared to download it.....

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else noticed the back and home button and the other button not working when in landscape mode in certain apps? Like the gallery, and when watching videos for example.

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Anyone elses home button, back button, and the multitasking button not work when in landscape in certain apps? Like when in gallery or watching Fullscreen video.

km04

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Soooo....after this update my phone seems to be warm a lot more than before the update. GSAM says the apps are the culprit. Go under that and it is the Kernel, Android System, and two System folders (/system.bin/logb and /system/bin/mediaserver). Not sure why this is. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan