So many issues with my LG V10. Just looking for some help

wings1080

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
So many issues, unbelievable! Please help

i just "upgraded" to the lg v10, here are the issues I've encountered

1. although i set the notification sound to silent for various apps, it still makes the sound!!! it did not do this for the same apps on my previous phone

2. so i have resorted to "Do Not Disturb" mode and set only my email apps to make a sound, yet, these apps still make a sound!!! the phone literally comes out of "Do Not Disturb" mode constantly (no i do not have it set to go off at a certain time)

3. I will set the display setting to wait 2 minutes before dimming, it keeps setting itself back to 30 seconds ... really?

any help with these issues that i have been googling on, posting on reddit on and struggling with for 10 days now WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

djdougd

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: So many issues, unbelievable! Please help

What carrier are you with? I have not had any issues with my V10... Am on Verizon...

wings1080

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site

thanks, done and didn't work, still getting beeping sounds when i select the "Silent" sound and there you go right there, there is no "apps" on the home screen "From the home screen, tap Apps." from the instructions!! What's going on with this phone?

djdougd

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

Just out of curiosity, 1)are you running Marshmallow; 2) did you download the latest update from a few days ago; and 3) did you download any app that would conflict with your sound settings

wings1080

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site

thanks, how can I check about marshmallow? i did download an update a few days ago, yes ... i use an app called profile scheduler but it shouldnt conflict, i will uninstall it now and see if that fixes it

wings1080

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site

uninstalled profile scheduler and did not solve the problem fyi ... i have people telling me to factory reset this piece of s**t ... what to you think?

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
After the stupid android update (not the new one) my battery life was garbage and I couldn't even use the phone without a constant pop up box stating an error. I did a factory reset. It didn't help. I called Verizon, they sent me a replacement and it's a tiny bit better but the battery life is Still garbage. I'd call Verizon and all for a replacement at this point

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

uninstalled profile scheduler and did not solve the problem fyi ... i have people telling me to factory reset this piece of s**t ... what to you think?
I agree. Try a factory reset and set the phone up as a new device when given the option. If you still have the issue I then would go the Verizon and get a replacement under warranty.