Messaging Stutters

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Anyone experiencing any issues with their Native Messaging App? Freezing or locking up? Sometimes running slow?

Updated to marshmallow, and did a factory reset, seems to still be occurring.

dwmitchell61

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
I use Verizon's Message + app. So not sure about the native messaging app.

O-B-1
Posted via the Android Central App from my Verizon LG V10

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
+1 vote for Verizon message+. The only time it bogs down for me is from poor network coverage. I did use the LG messaging app for a little, but didn't care for the overall appearance. It worked fine though.

HNNNNNGHHH

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
LG's stock app is a bit lackluster and I've been facing occasional freezes at times with it. I'd recommend using Textra instead.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Do you keep a lot of messages?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Do you keep a lot of messages?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Normally I do keep a lot of messages, so as a troubleshooting step, I restored the phone as new and not from backup, and still had the same issue.

I've solved it by switching to Textra, I really like that messaging app anyway. :)

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
I also use textra. I never had freezing with the native app on my ATT V10, but it constantly felt slow. Coming from iPhone it was especially obnoxious. Google Hangouts and Google Messenger also worked well, but Textra was the fastest and most customizable for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, its a no brainer for me, regarding Textra, really love the app anyway, so it worked out! :-D

I have a huge amount of sms. The native app was not behaving well so I switched to Textra. It works great!

Question - and this may help the OP too. Does Textra change the underlying XML data? Can you still switch back and forth between Textra and the native LG sms app?

SMS Backup & Restore fully supports Textra btw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome