Not Enough Storage Space Error

MizMelzy76

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased the V10. I love the phone, however, I still get the every annoying not enough storage space when transferring apps to the SD card. I spoke with LG that said I should be able to store apps to the SD card they didn't disable that feature. I called Verizon and they said that they didn't disable that feature and one of the reps has the phone and can store apps to the SD card.

I found an app that tests your SD card's health and mine is good. So I'm starting to think the SD card I bought is not entirely compatable but not sure about the difference in SD cards. I have a SanDisk ultra Plus 64gb. It also says MicroSD Xc1. I bought a better SD card than just the standard. But I don't know the difference between the two, or even if that is the issue.

The card has over 30gb left and the phone has 40+gb left. While I don't need to store apps on the SD card yet. It's bothering me that I can't. And I really want to know why. I don't have another SD card to test out and I don't want to go buy one just to find out that it does the same thing with that card too.

I posted the question in the Verizon V10 forum but no one is answering if they can save apps to the phone. This will bother me until I find out the issue.

Any other ideas?
Melissa

Acacia1971

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I just purchased the V10. I love the phone, however, I still get the every annoying not enough storage space when transferring apps to the SD card. I spoke with LG that said I should be able to store apps to the SD card they didn't disable that feature. I called Verizon and they said that they didn't disable that feature and one of the reps has the phone and can store apps to the SD card.

I found an app that tests your SD card's health and mine is good. So I'm starting to think the SD card I bought is not entirely compatable but not sure about the difference in SD cards. I have a SanDisk ultra Plus 64gb. It also says MicroSD Xc1. I bought a better SD card than just the standard. But I don't know the difference between the two, or even if that is the issue.

The card has over 30gb left and the phone has 40+gb left. While I don't need to store apps on the SD card yet. It's bothering me that I can't. And I really want to know why. I don't have another SD card to test out and I don't want to go buy one just to find out that it does the same thing with that card too.

I posted the question in the Verizon V10 forum but no one is answering if they can save apps to the phone. This will bother me until I find out the issue.

Any other ideas?
Melissa
Have you looked at the partitioning on the SD card? I had one that somehow got another partition on it and made it where I couldn't use the full capacity of the card because I couldn't get rid of that partition. Just formatting it won't get rid of an extra partition, if it's there.

MizMelzy76

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I think I just solved my own issue. I went into file manager. I told it to show hidden files. I found a strange twc.err file. I wasn't sure what it was so I googled it. Someone on another forum was asking what the file was and that they were getting a low volume space error and they hardly had anything on their phone. Someone replied that they didn't find a whole lot about it but other people had the file and deleted it with no repercussions and it solved their issue. So I deleted that file, and now all of a sudden I am able to transfer files to my SD card! Really odd!

Melissa

Acacia1971

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I think I just solved my own issue. I went into file manager. I told it to show hidden files. I found a strange twc.err file. I wasn't sure what it was so I googled it. Someone on another forum was asking what the file was and that they were getting a low volume space error and they hardly had anything on their phone. Someone replied that they didn't find a whole lot about it but other people had the file and deleted it with no repercussions and it solved their issue. So I deleted that file, and now all of a sudden I am able to transfer files to my SD card! Really odd!

Melissa
That's wonderful news!! Glad it was an easy fix!

MizMelzy76

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I still have no idea what that file was or why it was causing the issue! It's not a system file and the size of the file was small. So I have no idea! Just really weird. And the post I found about that file was the only one! Oh well at least I now know what the issue is and have fixed it.

Mel

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair