When did your bootloop occur?

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
I was just browsing through some forums about the bootloop to learn more about it (since it hasn't happened to me yet) and I noticed some similar timings for when the bootloop occurred. So, I'm doing a bit of a poll:

What were you doing on your phone when the bootloop happened?

Did you have Facebook on your phone? and

Has the bootloop happened to anyone who has a replacement phone (from LG)?

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
My phone is not a replacement I purchased it new in December of last year and everything was fine until the morning of September 28th. I was responding to a Facebook messenger alert (yes I have Facebook and messenger) and my phone froze. After a battery pull I tried it every 30 minutes or so and it came back once for about 5 minutes and was done after that. I was stuck at work with my Gear S2 which I forwarded all my calls to because I have a child and need people to have access to me.

I read where a number of folks assumed it was due to overheating... My phone was not hot at the time I had just arrived at work and had not even logged in to my work pc when I got the message. (I have to be at work at 7AM not a lot of messages being sent to me at 6:45AM phone was not even warm) I never charge the phone with the charger I had 2 spare batteries and individual battery chargers so I would swap the battery out when needed.

My "fixed device" is set to arrive back this Thursday. Not bad on turnaround for repair I must say considering I have read some folks who waited 2 1/2 weeks or more. This will serve me as a backup device and replace previous backup device. I have read that this issue is common, I know someone who is on a 3rd LG V10 having one replaced and one fixed. This happened right before I was set to go out of town (I was sooooo thankful it did not happen while I was out of town!) I did not have time to mail the broken phone off until the following week. It was quite a PITA although I loved the phone itself, removable batteries and the camera I am not interested in risking it happening again or getting another LG device.

FYI: I was asked on another thread what I did with extra stuff. My brother has a V10 so I gave it to him but I also let him know about this issue as well

thewatrb0y

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Happened to me last night at about 10:05 PM. Was playing Words with Friends and my phone completely locked up. I let it sit there for a few hoping WWF with just stop responding and close.

Phone rebooted, rebooted, rebooted. Finally got back into the home screen after a few minutes. Locked again and rebooted. Got back to the home screen once more for 10 seconds before it locked again (was trying to get to an app for all of my passwords to create a quick backup as the one I had was old, unsuccessfully of course) .... Called up verizon tech and after trying to things I had already tried, did a factory reset.

Booted up, the system was "optimizing apps". On 3 of 27 rebooted. Next time up, rebooted on 2 of 25. Third time is rebooted on 3 of 24. So somehow the app number kept going down every time.

Needless to say I had to re-activate an old Galaxy S4 to have something and a replacement phone will be here Friday as it was under warranty still.

edit - I have facebook/facebook messenger but was not using them at the time of the issue. I had ZERO issues with this phone since the day I got it.

Last edited: