Wondering about the lg v10

Superwizard

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I was wondering if I got the v10 if the bootloop that some people have is something I need to worry about or is it not that wide spread that I am most likely to get a good phone?

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I am getting rid of my V10 as soon as possible to get a V20 (hope that one doesn't have any issues). Every person I know with a V10 is on a replacement phone because of bootloop, including myself.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm on my third V10 and none of the issues I had were anything to do with the boot loop. First one was overheating and second had a power button issue. I am in a fb group for the V10 and nobody in the group has ever had a boot loop issue. I think the incidence is pretty low compared to how many are out there based on what I've read everywhere else.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
You can discount what I just stated. Everyone I know had boot loop and are on replacements. That's three right there. I just sold my V10 last night and am picking up a V20 tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't get as hot and doesn't crash and die.

fwaits

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Original V10 here from Nov 2015. Been lucky I guess. No idea what the real world % of bootloop issues is, but it's obviously not 0.

priceslss

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Everyone I know with one has had theirs replaced but one and he just got his a few months ago... but I will follow up with one of the people had theirs replaced twice, BOTH BOOT LOOP!

anon(166548)

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
This has not happened to any of the 4 LG phones in our household (G3, G4, V10, V20). Therefore it could not possibly happen to anyone, ever :-D

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering if maybe it's a certain range of serials or dates of manufacture or something like that. It seems to be common but only in certain circles. It would make for a great study if it was easier to get the serial info etc.but most of the bad phones are long gone before the info could be collected. Hey LG...it would be great if you could look into this for us....yeah right!

unsound

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Just know that the only time people are going to post is when they are having problems, just like most all forums,......so the millions of happy V10 users (myself included) are not going to post just to say how happy they are and they've had no problems with their phone.

Will In SF

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
This has actually been the most trouble free phone I have ever owned until the fingerprint sensor just quit working. I got a replacement under warranty from Verizon and surprisingly I am getting better battery life and the phone feels quicker! I may hold out as long as I can with the V10 and see what comes out in the next 6 months.

Will In SF

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
A quick P.S. I knocked my replacement out from a gym locker and it fell face first on the tile floor and not a single mark! This is one tough phone!

muckle_dabuckle

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I have the same worry as the OP. My strategy is to keep my V10 right until the warranty expires.

second had a power button issue.

Just curious, but what was wrong with the power button? I've had mine since January and right out of the box the power button was creaky and off centered. Creakiness has gone away over time.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
OP, I'm not sure how rampant this bootloop issue is, as compared with the ones the G4 experienced. As long as you keep your phone insured/under warranty, I'm sure you'll be just fine.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the same worry as the OP. My strategy is to keep my V10 right until the warranty expires.

Just curious, but what was wrong with the power button? I've had mine since January and right out of the box the power button was creaky and off centered. Creakiness has gone away over time.
It was working fine then all of a sudden just felt really loose. I can wiggle it side to side. If I shake the phone a little I can hear it move around. Now it doesn't work all the time. Sometimes the phone will go black and pressing the button will do nothing to wake it up. I have to pull the battery and reboot. Replacement should be here tomorrow though. Warranty is up on the 13th of this month so it was a close call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid