LG v10 sucks

Ajit V

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
its been an year since i bought this ****ty phone. The battery sucks but i've still held on to it. So after 10days my warranty expired the phone got into boot loop problem.
So I called up tmobile and they simply said it is a software issue and cannot be fixed. I've asked if they can issue a replacement as it is not my fault but that didn't work.
My question to LG, do you think I'd ever buy an LG product going forward. Never. I'm not a big supporter of apple iphone but now this whole thing changed my view. I think they do a good job when it comes to building quality long lasting phones when compared to ripoffs like LG, whose phones only last an year max.
Dear android users-I know android is much better experience than apple in terms of software- but the hardware sucks. What good is it to have a better software when the phone wouldn't last long.
And please stay away from LG. VERY VERY BAD EXPERIENCE.

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
My LG/V10 experience hasn't been as bad as some others. I got the phone in January 2016, then I dropped it and there was some internal damage. So, I got a replacement in February or March from LG (AT&T was no help even though I had insurance, which I cancelled immediately after the experience). I'm not a power user or anything, but I've put this phone through a bit and no issues at all. Over the summer the screen cracked from rapid temperature change (it's barely noticeable unless I look for it) but I've seen that happen to people with different phones, and the number of people I know with severely cracked iPhone screens is uber high. However, I don't plan on buying another LG phone - not because of my experiences, but the experience others have had. It's just not worth it for me to take the risk. However, my issues are all with LG, not with the phone. I plan on using the V10 as long as it's working /I keep getting it replaced. It's a great, and REALLY nice looking device.

Mr.Gadget

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I like the phone overall but the battery life really is horrible and the boot loop is almost a recall item in my eyes (mine boot looped). My current frustration? The phone gets very slow after a couple months of use. Camera is dog slow even on internal memory, and apps are slow to start. This was the behavior of mine just before boot loop, so I hope I'm not going down that road again...

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Battery life wasn't the best but I don't know what the big deal is when you can swap. V20 is significantly better in this regard. Runs much cooler too. The V20 is what the V10 should have been all along.

muckrakerX

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I like the phone overall but the battery life really is horrible and the boot loop is almost a recall item in my eyes (mine boot looped). My current frustration? The phone gets very slow after a couple months of use. Camera is dog slow even on internal memory, and apps are slow to start. This was the behavior of mine just before boot loop, so I hope I'm not going down that road again...

How often do you clear your cache?

incidentflux

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
You need at least four spare batteries. Since SoT is about 3 hours. Total run time for about 5 hours. When I'm using it, it depletes 1% charge per minute.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
its been an year since i bought this ****ty phone. The battery sucks but i've still held on to it. So after 10days my warranty expired the phone got into boot loop problem.
So I called up tmobile and they simply said it is a software issue and cannot be fixed. I've asked if they can issue a replacement as it is not my fault but that didn't work.
My question to LG, do you think I'd ever buy an LG product going forward. Never. I'm not a big supporter of apple iphone but now this whole thing changed my view. I think they do a good job when it comes to building quality long lasting phones when compared to ripoffs like LG, whose phones only last an year max.
Dear android users-I know android is much better experience than apple in terms of software- but the hardware sucks. What good is it to have a better software when the phone wouldn't last long.
And please stay away from LG. VERY VERY BAD EXPERIENCE.

All phones have their share of problems so I guess we should stay away from all phones. My daughter's iPhone 6S stopped charging after a year. Luckily we had Apple are and it was covered.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
You need at least four spare batteries. Since SoT is about 3 hours. Total run time for about 5 hours. When I'm using it, it depletes 1% charge per minute.
Spare battery charger, spare battery, 10,000mAh USB power bank and you're good to make it through a day without trying to conserve power.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Huh the V10 is most awesome. Love the DAC and just about everything. You have to do some stuff smart like not install apps that suck the battery dry.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That's too bad that you did not enjoy your experience. What kind of phone will you get next - have you made any decisions?

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I've had my V10 for just about a month. The only thing that I noticed that wouldn't be a positive is that the screen is not as nice as the V20 and the battery life certainly isn't as good. I did refently get an update though (AT&T) and it feels like battery life may have improved a slight bit. It's a very rugged looking/feeling phone but I still prefer my V20s...but the V10 has been fine so far. Resale on LG phones is pretty bad though and I guess that may be due to some of the bad experiences some have.

W P

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
LG is ok at displays, they need to quit making phones. The most frustrating, **** experience I have ever had with a device.

The V10 has the same battery size as much smaller phones that came before it.

LG disguised a POS as a flagship. Compared to the One Plus, Nexus line and even the non-open competitors this thing is a joke. A hugely overpriced joke. We need to start penalizing companies that put ridiculously high mark-up on items that turn out to be ****, or discontinued for support. Oh was this $600 phone not worth you supporting longer than a year? What the **** makes it worth $600 then?

LG : "omg but it has a second screen look how cool dat is"

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
LG is ok at displays, they need to quit making phones. The most frustrating, **** experience I have ever had with a device.

LG disguised a POS as a flagship. Compared to the One Plus, Nexus line and even the non-open competitors this thing is a joke. A hugely overpriced joke. We need to start penalizing companies that put ridiculously high mark-up on items that turn out to be ****, or discontinued for support. Oh was this $600 phone not worth you supporting longer than a year? What the **** makes it worth $600 then?

I have to respectfully disagree. I love my V10 and both of my V20s. Sure the V10 has not good battery life but it is a beast of a phone with a great display, neat 2nd display, HeMan build quality, great audio, expandible storage, and a nice camera. ...and mine is quite the speedster too.

The V20? One word...

Awesome.

...for a bevy of reasons.

Last edited:

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

Wow nice first post. Welcome to AC!

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
From my experience and what I see on here, there is not one phone that will please everyone. I've learned to deal with it and help those that have issues with a certain phone if I can. When a product doesn't work or live up to what the user expects, they will voice their opinions on it, plain and simple. Just to put my 2 cents in on the V10, I've enjoyed using the 1st and 2nd gen Moto X more but it's a solid phone. And I'm happy that I haven't had problems like some have reported on AC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781