Favorite headphones?

onnad

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I would like to get some good headphones (wired). Something that is comfortable, not crazy expensive ($100 cap), good sound, in-ear so it's easier to take on the go. What brand (s) do you like?

Last edited:

Will 74

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
It depends on what you like for sound/music. I've got a few pretty decent pair, when I want to hear more bass, I'll go with my Jays A-Jays 5. I used to have a pair of Shure SE115s that I really liked too. If I want more neutral I'll just put in the LG quad-beats, they are actually pretty decent, not bass heavy and overall really clear. If you want a portable "on-ear" try Koss Porta-pro they sound great, and they fold up really small for travel.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I bought a set of Monster N-Tune Headphones at Walmart a couple years ago. I paid $99 for them but they are cheaper now on walmart.com. They came in 5 different colors. I compared several brands including Skull Candy and Beats. The Monsters blew them both away in sound quality. Pair these with the Hi-fi DAC sound of the V10 headphone jack and it's just incredible!

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I bought a pair of "JBL - Synchros E40BT". With a little bit of tuning and increasing the mids it sounds really good. They are $99.95 I have kept them for nearly 2 years now. The pleather ear cups do start to disintegrate after a while but for $99 I'm not expecting ultra quality.

A droid a day, keep the apple away.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
It depends on what you like for sound/music. I've got a few pretty decent pair, when I want to hear more bass, I'll go with my Jays A-Jays 5. I used to have a pair of Shure SE115s that I really liked too. If I want more neutral I'll just put in the LG quad-beats, they are actually pretty decent, not bass heavy and overall really clear. If you want a portable "on-ear" try Koss Porta-pro they sound great, and they fold up really small for travel.

I'll second the LG quad-beats. Very good sound quality - as good as most people really need. Forget 2x and 3x driver earphones. Note that there are two versions of the QB3. The red, and the white. The LG HSS-F631 QuadBeat 3 Tuned by AKG (white) has a more neutral sound, and the red more v-shaped. Many people won't be able to discern the difference.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech