My LG 10 phone has started boot looping.

cuckooc

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
There are a lot of reason for bootlooping in V10. First, you have to make sure it is not a software issue. Check if you have rooted, or change to custom rom, or you have just updated the OS.

If those are not the reason, then it would be a hardware issue. V10 use lead free soldering and it will have microcrack after long time of use due to continuous heat. The weak connection joint usually found in wifi chip or the system memory soldered on the cpu. There is nothing you can do if it is a hardware issue.

The only way to deal with it is to send it back LG for repair. Go to LGMobileRepair website and setup a repair request. They will ask you the proof of purchase. If the date on it is still within 12 months, then you are fine and you can get it repair under warranty.

If you dont provide proof of purchase, they will look at your phone SN number and see if it is within 15 months of manufacture date. Your sn number first 3 digits indicate year and months. For example, 502 means 2015 February. If your phone SN is larger than 512, then your phone is still under warranty.

What they are going to do in repair is to replace your mother board, you will lose everything saved in your phone. What you can keep is the IMEI number and mac address of the wifi chip.

cuckooc

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
Dont believe what they said on paper.
I just send my LG urbane for repair due to display issue. After I receive it back, the first thing I notice is I have a new leather band. Also, I found that my watch OS is back to 2015 version, I opened it and looked at inside, it has a new motherboard, even the casing is new. But on the paper, it said they change the lcd only which is completely wrong. My watch is a completely different watch now.

As far as I know, almost all repair center, except xbox department, would not desolder and resolder electronic component, because it cannot be done by hand, and it has to be done by machine. I know one guy who work on samsung also told me they would not do that because they dont have the machine.

It makes sense that it is not cost effective to hire an operator and buy a 200k machine just to do desolder and resolder while this cost can be used to manufacture large quantity of motherboard on daily basis.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech