After LG fixed your V10 Bootloop, does the Bootloop come back again?

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Mine just got LG to fix, but it has already passed warranty and LG says they would not fix anything if anything happens later. So does your V10 has Bootloop again after fixed? If it does then I think I better just sell it in second hand market.

cuckooc

Jan 21, 2017
Visit site
You should get 3 extra months of warranty starting from the ship out date from repair center. I have confirmed it with LG customer service thru live chat when I get my watch back.

A lot of G4 owners have reported that their phone still bootloop after repair. It is because LG still use lead free solder and do not change it in replacement board. As V10 is plagued with the same issue, so imo, bootloop will happen again no matter what. It might be 6 months or it might be 5 years.

See if you upgrade your phone first or bootloop happen again first.

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Lead free solder? Has this been confirmed as cause of bootloop issue?
People have tried and confirmed turning off 2 cores a57 can use the phone again, but this bootloop massive problem only happens to lg but not other brands using same 808 cpu

petes03

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You should get 3 extra months of warranty starting from the ship out date from repair center. I have confirmed it with LG customer service thru live chat when I get my watch back.

A lot of G4 owners have reported that their phone still bootloop after repair. It is because LG still use lead free solder and do not change it in replacement board. As V10 is plagued with the same issue, so imo, bootloop will happen again no matter what. It might be 6 months or it might be 5 years.

See if you upgrade your phone first or bootloop happen again first.

Lead free solder has to be used on any device that might end up in a landfill. They are not going to change to lead anytime soon.

petes03

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
But other brands dont normally die after around a year like V10.
Other brands use lead free solder also. If they didn't they would not be able to sell products in Europe. There is something wrong but it is not the solder. I have also had the boot loo problem.

Rob Chew

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm wondering if LG fixed the problem at point. Mine was manufactured in December 2015. I bought it in April 2016 so it's a year old. It runs perfect and have never had an issue. I'm also wondering if there is a common thread for those having boot loops such as causing the phone to overheat by heavy use such as gaming, video use, etc. I realize there are a lot of units with this problem, but there's got to be a common cause.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm wondering if LG fixed the problem at point. Mine was manufactured in December 2015. I bought it in April 2016 so it's a year old. It runs perfect and have never had an issue. I'm also wondering if there is a common thread for those having boot loops such as causing the phone to overheat by heavy use such as gaming, video use, etc. I realize there are a lot of units with this problem, but there's got to be a common cause.

I barely use the phone--certainly not for gaming and very very little for video. I use it for work--email, calendar, phone. But I have noticed a few times when the phone heated up tremendously; sometimes I thought it was struggling to get a signal, but other times I had no idea what it was. Maybe some GPS stuff started happening without my direct knowledge, I don't know.

Regardless, I'd just turn it off and wait until I was outside or whatever to turn it back on. So it got some heatup sessions.

Given that LG fixed TWO units for me free of charge, under warranty despite them being OUT of warranty by time and with absolutely no muss or fuss, I also wonder if they've fixed the problem. I'd like to think they aren't putting known problem children back out into the world.

I've seen a warm instance or two on my repaired unit, but nothing burning hot. Again, just in case I power cycle it to turn off any gremlins that may have collected and caused a power drain.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine is doing this. Hasn't been replaced but is now 2 months out of warranty. Mine will heat up and drain battery randomly. Stats show massive GPS usage but I've never been able to pinpoint what's doing it. It even said GPS was in for 8hrs, despite the fact I had location services OFF. When it does this I barely get 2hrs of screen on Time. Sometimes less. Factory resets don't help. And my wife's V10 doesn't have any issues. I preordered the S8 plus. Figure I'll trade it in before it does on me.

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
No need to have any cause. I didnt play any game or had any heat issue, one day just bootloop. It is a design problem.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Apparently it's a build problem. Something to do with the flash memory is what I've been reading about. They replace it when you send it in and it fixes the problem.

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Apparently it's a build problem. Something to do with the flash memory is what I've been reading about. They replace it when you send it in and it fixes the problem.

Still no one can be sure what is the real problem. Some people saying it is the cpu sealing problem and can be fixed by some repair shop. Some people saying it is 2 cores screw up problem after months and can be solved by disabled those 2 cores.

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
My answer is based on what LG has told people that have sent them in for repair. Could be multiple problems causing it.

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
My answer is based on what LG has told people that have sent them in for repair. Could be multiple problems causing it.
My friend bought a new g4 from big retail shop in mall around half year ago and the phone just bootloop, I dont think lg has solved the bootloop at all.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
A "new" G4 is very old stock. If indeed it was factory sealed, then it had the problem from the factory--2-3 years ago.

It's not a matter of "they haven't solved it". They know what it is, and they are repairing phones out of warranty. But they can't repair a phone that they don't know about, and any G4 bought back in December was manufactured at least 18 months prior--and that was before they recognized the scope of the problem.

If he sends it in now, LG will repair it.

If he buys an LG G6, it won't have the bootloop problem. If he buys an LG V30 later this year, it won't have the bootloop problem.

LG has recognized the source of the problem and has fixed it, for current manufacturing and for repairs.

Yes, they've solved it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy