How can I disable notifications on the second screen?

arcelivez

Apr 15, 2017
Visit site
OK, so it's simple. When the phone is unlocked, the second screen is showing all of the notifications and you can see the content. Peeking generally for notifications is off, however it does not seem to affect the second screen. I even see the notifications on the second screen with all of their content while I am in "Do not disturb" mode - crazy!

Currently the only workaround I found for this problem is to have the second screen completely turned off while the phone is unlocked. But I don't want to have the second screen completely turned off while the phone is unlocked - I still want to be able to see my signature, or recent apps, etc. But I somehow need to prevent the notifications from appearing on the second screen.

Does anybody know how to do that? This is so frustrating... I don't want to have my second screen turned off all the time just because of this problem...

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Well, given that the second screen is HOW you get notifications on the V series...what's the problem with simply turning off notifications altogether?

Because there's no other mechanism on the V to get notifications.

If you want a phone where the notifications are on the main screen, then you need something other than an LG V10 or 20. Or 30.

wess580

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
You don't need to turn off notifications you can just turn off the second screen so that it's not appearing when the phone screen is off that should fix the problem

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
On my T-Mobile V10, there's no way to turn second screen off. Or turn off notifications.

I can turn both options off, but that doesn't affect notifications.

wess580

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Got to settings and in the top right corner look for the search icon type second screen once you do that you should see second screen then you can set how the second screen operates