Wrong battery percentage?

Tran Trung Le

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Hi all
I just purchased a high capacity battery 6500mah from Power Max.
The battery life now is amazing but I have a problem that the battery % is not correct.
For example if I used all battery and the phone turned off, I still can unplug the battery and put in again, the battery % is still ~20%
And it's the same for charging, if I charge the phone to 100%, it actually was around 80% after I unplug the battery and put in again.
Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks a lot.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! If you have all of your photos and important information backed up, I would suggest doing a factory reset to see if the problem resolves itself.

anon(9803818)

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
yeah dont take those extremes of resetting yet. the phone is not made for a 6000mah battery so naturally it's confused by it. I have a ZeroLemon battery for mine (9000mah), I just use it until the battery is down to ~30%, then just take it out and put it back it. that makes the phone think you just put a new, more charged battery in. it's the only solution I've found and it works well.

Edit: as for the 20% issue, all of my phones (+batteries) have done something similar, battery data technology just isn't perfect yet.

As well for the charging, the cell is confused because once again, it thinks it's charging a standard battery, which uou aren't using. Idk if any company naturally compensates for different batteries in their software.

Hope this helps :)

Tran Trung Le

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
yeah dont take those extremes of resetting yet. the phone is not made for a 6000mah battery so naturally it's confused by it. I have a ZeroLemon battery for mine (9000mah), I just use it until the battery is down to ~30%, then just take it out and put it back it. that makes the phone think you just put a new, more charged battery in. it's the only solution I've found and it works well.

Edit: as for the 20% issue, all of my phones (+batteries) have done something similar, battery data technology just isn't perfect yet.

As well for the charging, the cell is confused because once again, it thinks it's charging a standard battery, which uou aren't using. Idk if any company naturally compensates for different batteries in their software.

Hope this helps :)
Hey yeah, I totally think the same.