Updates?

gipper69

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm on t-mobile, which seems to be slow with the updates. Here I am with 2016.09 security patch, and no indication of whether the more recent ones are forthcoming. There is a vague promise of Android 7 in the future, but nothing with the security patches, some of which cover what could be critical vulnerabilities. Aside from going with a 3rd party OS, there does not seem to be a way to get lg and t-mobile to get with it and keep up with the security updates. The ironic thing is that lg is approved for corporate connection via BB for work (aka Good email), while BB dtek is not.
Honestly, while there are a few features for 7 that would be great, keeping updated with security patches is more important.
The V10 has been a good device so far, but this tardiness in getting the security patches is becoming ridiculous.

fwaits

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Yeah unfortunately it's a carrier thing. On AT&T I've got the 2017-03-01 (March) security update so they've been decent about giving the security updates. Hopefully another one is due soon. Or even better, Nougat. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy