Tempered Glass Screen Protector

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Works fine EXCEPT for not adhering at the extreme top edge. I have pre-ordered the new Ringke one due out next week as it's supposedly designed to accommodate the curved top and bottom on the V20.

I am pinning my hopes on the Ringke too. Amazon says in stock as of the 3rd!

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Yeah. I'll get on that this evening. On the packaging is shows "Lifetime Warranty". Is nothing simple?
Let me know how much of a hassle they give you in the warranty, so I know what to expect when I have a problem. My favorite company for warranties was iCarez. They would ask for a picture and send the replacement at no cost what so ever. I probably got 3 or 4 warranty screen covers from them without issue. Unfortunately they don't make one for this phone.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Actually looks like yours was just installed too far up.

Yeah and I asked the people at Verizon if they would take it back and they said no. I wonder if it's possible to remove it and put it back on? I would prob make a mess of it though

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Let me know how much of a hassle they give you in the warranty, so I know what to expect when I have a problem. My favorite company for warranties was iCarez. They would ask for a picture and send the replacement at no cost what so ever. I probably got 3 or 4 warranty screen covers from them without issue. Unfortunately they don't make one for this phone.
Will do.

jackwish

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Almost all cases, the phone landed on the ground (direct onto the face), once the screen protector cracked, and the whole screen including the actual display failed when the phone was dropped.
Why? Let us see, how the screen protector protect the phone.
A glass protector will spread the impact force onto a much larger area. This act can protect the top glass of the screen protect itself. And both the top glass on your screen and the screen protector have a thin layer of "glue", which acts like a shock absorber. So unless an impact goes deep enough so the pressure on the actual screen is too much only the protector should fail, once the protector failed, the screen would crack directly.

The other cases, the phone landed on the ground (direct onto the edge of screen protector). In these case, the glass protector failed easily under a little gentle shock.
So when we saw a glass protector cracked under a gentle drop without screen shattering, which did not mean glass protector protected our phone well. It mean the truth that glass protector is fragile, it is too easy to crack.
Why is it so easy to crack when shocked on the edge of a glass protector?
For it can’t spread the impact force onto a much larger area. So it just crack on the edge. Then the whole protector will crack after the edge cracking.
That’s the reason for glass screen protectors need to be replaced every time you drop the phone.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
These are garbage, I had one on my V20 for 3 days and it had major halo issues at the top and then cracked when I was pulling a cheap rubber case off the phone that I bought until I get a better one. Very pissed that I let the salesman talk me into buying that crappy screenprotector.

I am too. When I finally took it off (couldn't stand to even look at it) I noticed it was all bendy like it was plastic not glass at all. I've got a super one now from pure.genius that has NO halo and is super clear and looks great. Very happy with it

BigRalphN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Need to see a review first.
People are reviewing every protector as bad because of the curve. Almost everyone is upset the LG logo isn't covered. I doubt you are going to find many that will attempt the curve. Then they install either the top or bottom too high or too low and it peels or gets rainbow because it hangs over the curve As someone stated in another thread, most of these need installed with the screen on so you can see exactly how to align these. I suspect that for the best fit a wet system film protector will be the way to go.

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
People are reviewing every protector as bad because of the curve. Almost everyone is upset the LG logo isn't covered. I doubt you are going to find many that will attempt the curve. Then they install either the top or bottom too high or too low and it peels or gets rainbow because it hangs over the curve As someone stated in another thread, most of these need installed with the screen on so you can see exactly how to align these. I suspect that for the best fit a wet system film protector will be the way to go.

Probably true. I think I'll give it a try, and if this one doesn't work, I'll do a wet system. Have had good luck with Yootech on curved Samsungs.

darkmage619

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I am too. When I finally took it off (couldn't stand to even look at it) I noticed it was all bendy like it was plastic not glass at all. I've got a super one now from pure.genius that has NO halo and is super clear and looks great. Very happy with it

Can you give any more info? Where did you buy it? Do you have any pictures? How much of the screen is covered? Thanks!

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to grab the Verizon branded tempered glass today on my lunch break. They're usually fairly decent and only $18 after my discount!

It's horrible. I wasted $ on it and it was so bad. Really bad halo and plasticy