Tempered Glass Screen Protector

adam.bean

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Well, it was inevitable. A few weeks later, starting to get minor dings on the film protector. Still better than all the half *** glass protectors.

Assuming no one has discovered anything new or worthwhile?

silkyms3

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I just installed the superguardz as well, which replaced the spigen protector. This is my favorite so far. Fits well, no rainbow effect, and feel is good, not too slippery like the spigen. The glass is not as clear and it's more reflective, but acceptable. Works with spigen tough armor case.

FLta6yh.jpg

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Haven't followed up on the thread for a while, but wanted to give my recommendation. I recently switched to the Armoirsuit wet install protector. I HIGHLY recommend it. It is case friendly, no bunching. That was the issue with many other cases. It installed perfectly with no bubbles or haze or any other problems. Will be a returning customer for sure. I know it's not glass, but it's perfectly installed, and is ok by me.

janebuzjane

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site
Haven't followed up on the thread for a while, but wanted to give my recommendation. I recently switched to the Armoirsuit wet install protector. I HIGHLY recommend it. It is case friendly, no bunching. That was the issue with many other cases. It installed perfectly with no bubbles or haze or any other problems. Will be a returning customer for sure. I know it's not glass, but it's perfectly installed, and is ok by me.

Looked at the reviews on Amazon - have you had any trouble with accidentally scratching it with your fingernails, or anything? That seems to be the most common problem.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
well I just read this whole thread, and there still seems to be no consensus.

I never used a screen protector prior to my Moto Z Force Droid, and I used the Incipio Flexible Glass, so I thought about getting that for the V20, still undecided.

Someone posted this somewhere:

https://www.gadgetshieldz.com/lg-v20-screen-protectors-covers-cases.html

It looks like it has a back cover as well, to potentially protect the camera

adam.bean

May 31, 2013
Visit site
It's been a bit now and it's still in fantastic shape. I have a couple minor dings but nothing that's driving me to want/need to replace yet.

silkyms3

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
One month update on the superguardz, still looks and feels like the day it was installed, with no lifting in corners. Only issue with this one is that the LG logo cutout has an open gap on the bottom due to how close the logo is to the edge, so dust gets in there, you can already see some of it in the picture I posted above.

gustav30

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I actually just installed the supershieldz full tempered. I have to say went supersmooth. I did the whole steam up bathroom trick and took of the factory protector right before putting down. Only hiccup I had was that I was planning on doing this the hinge method and had everything lined up and set to go with my scotch tape. Right when I peeled off the back layer of the supershieldz, my tape for the hinge method came undone. So quickly did the old fashioned way. Lined up front camera and bottom lg logo and perfect install for me. I normally don't get this lucky with protectors. Also works perfectly well with my Obliq case. Hope this lasts for me and will report back in a month as well. For 8 bucks and 2 of these, can't go wrong.

adam.bean

May 31, 2013
Visit site
This is now the tenth different screen protector I've tried, and I'm happy to report, we MAY have a winner. While the feel isn't as smooth as other glass, the fit and lack of lift/rainbow/halo, makes this absolutely a usable glass screen protector!

My only gripe with it is that it does leave a tiny bit of room on top and bottom, but this is pretty common with glass. Coming from the film protector that had 100% full coverage, it's just an adjustment.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N1RKQI0/ref=cm_sw_su_dp?tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5729608
** I did not add the AC referral in the URL, they automatically do that.

[2-Pack] LG V20 Screen Protector, PThink [Full Screen Coverage] Tempered Glass Screen Protector for LG V20

AtTheHop

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Removed my damaged factory protector and installed the PureGear tempered glass protector yesterday. It only covers the display but it is flawless and you do not notice it is even on the phone and with my Spigen clear case you get asked by everyone what phone is that.

AtTheHop

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Why do they sell it as a two pack, is it because they won't hold up. Usually I buy one and it last forever if it was of any quality.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Please enlighten me.

They double their product sales.
Cuts down packaging costs.
A lot of people screw up the first install.
A lot of the competition does the same thing.
A lot of people like having a back up because they break quite easily.

I'm sure I can come up with more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude