Need help with info on cases

MikeyBugs95

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
So I've decided on purchasing the V20. Not a matter of if but when. I have an unfortunate habit of accidentally dropping my phone as well. Whether it's laying flat on my desk just out of arms reach, already on the floor or on my bed above me, I will drop it somehow. So a case is an absolute must for me. Having gone through all 20 some-odd pages of the Cases thread, I've narrowed down the list of cases I'm looking into. Only problem is that I can't find too many reviews on them (the reviews I've found, I've read) and I don't have enough free cash to purchase more than 1. I'd like to know, from anyone who has experience with these cases, what your opinions are of them and I have a few questions.
-Poetic Revolution (mostly for the built in screen protector)
-Tech 21 Evo Check
-Incipio Dualpro
-VRS Design High Pro Shield
-Seidio Surface
-Bodyguardz Shock
-Obliq Flex Pro

I know the Bodyguardz is touted as being very well protected but how well protected is it?

About the various questions I mentioned:
~How grippy/slippery are all of these cases?
~On the Revolution, is the back 2 or is it just plain plastic?
~Am I able to put tempered glass on the phone after the various cases are put on (except for the revolution, of course). Do I even need tempered glass? The phone wouldn't be falling from any great height (I'm kinda short anyway)
~What's the spacing like between the case/camera and case/screen? Is it a good distance or short? Is the camera protected well enough? Am I right to assume that none of these cases have any sort of clear plastic to protect the camera glass?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
So I've decided on purchasing the V20. Not a matter of if but when. I have an unfortunate habit of accidentally dropping my phone as well. Whether it's laying flat on my desk just out of arms reach, already on the floor or on my bed above me, I will drop it somehow. So a case is an absolute must for me. Having gone through all 20 some-odd pages of the Cases thread, I've narrowed down the list of cases I'm looking into. Only problem is that I can't find too many reviews on them (the reviews I've found, I've read) and I don't have enough free cash to purchase more than 1. I'd like to know, from anyone who has experience with these cases, what your opinions are of them and I have a few questions.
-Poetic Revolution (mostly for the built in screen protector)
-Tech 21 Evo Check
-Incipio Dualpro
-VRS Design High Pro Shield
-Seidio Surface
-Bodyguardz Shock
-Obliq Flex Pro

I know the Bodyguardz is touted as being very well protected but how well protected is it?

About the various questions I mentioned:
~How grippy/slippery are all of these cases?
~On the Revolution, is the back 2 or is it just plain plastic?
~Am I able to put tempered glass on the phone after the various cases are put on (except for the revolution, of course). Do I even need tempered glass? The phone wouldn't be falling from any great height (I'm kinda short anyway)
~What's the spacing like between the case/camera and case/screen? Is it a good distance or short? Is the camera protected well enough? Am I right to assume that none of these cases have any sort of clear plastic to protect the camera glass?

Thank you in advance for your help.

UAG or Zizo Bolt both very sticky in hand and offer great protection without breaking the bank

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I just bought and installed the VRS Design High Pro Shield. It's a great case. I find it grippy and very protective. Bought it directly from VRS on eBay for $15 shipped.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I got the poetic revolution and the Otterbox Defender. Both great cases. The revolution built in screen protector is nice while I ripped out the Defender's because it was total garbage!

The Defender is VERY bulky and IMO a bit overkill for the V20 since the V20 is supposed to take falls pretty good unlike an S7 edge for example. Also the back part of the Defender the cutout for the unlock button and camera is too big and really deep which I don't like because it makes it harder to use the finger print censor, BUT the deep cutout protects the camera good if it falls back first.

The revolution is great also and not quite as bulky but still provides decent protection for the camera and phone, however, due to it being more stiff I do wonder about the shock protection it provides though.

I'm rocking the Defender currently without a screen protector at the moment. I keep it in my pocket with nothing else in the same pocket so not worried about it getting scratched really bad. Nothing wrong with the Revolution but with the money I spent on this phone I decided to rock the defender currently.

There is a video I posted before on youtube of the revolution review and someone slamming it really hard against a table with no damage.

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm buy so many cases for my phone just like I did with the V10 I've gone down this Rabbit Hole purchasing cases for the V20 I just received an Ringo case just a piece of plastic flimsy and not worth anything maybe one day I'll learn my lesson, but not today.... I just purchased another Zizo Bolt case.
I'm actually considering asking people if they would like to trade cases. Get rid of the many unused cases.

MikeyBugs95

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I think I might go with the VRS as well. Is the camera well deep enough for adequate protection?

I'm buy so many cases for my phone just like I did with the V10 I've gone down this Rabbit Hole purchasing cases for the V20 I just received an Ringo case just a piece of plastic flimsy and not worth anything maybe one day I'll learn my lesson, but not today.... I just purchased another Zizo Bolt case.
I'm actually considering asking people if they would like to trade cases. Get rid of the many unused cases.

I know this isn't the right forum for if but if you have any for a G3...

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I swear by the BODYGUARDZ. I have tried most of the other cases you mentioned. some are very good but I always go back to the bodyguardz. I have a review on here with pics.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg.../741090-bodyguardz-case-review-lots-pics.html

The Ghostek is an interesting case too.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...s/753289-got-my-ghosttek-cloak-case-pics.html

I have the BODYGUARDZ, VRS high pro, Ghostek Cloak, poetic affinity, obliq flex pro, and a generic.

That is the order I like them.

Last edited:

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site

I think I want to try a zizo

MikeyBugs95

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Just ordered a phone bundle (that comes with a Spigen case and a pair of the B&O headphones) and a Poetic Revolution. They should get to me by the end of the month. Can't wait!

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Obliq Flexpro: Very slim for a TPU Case. Offers a textured grip surface on back and sides (will not slide off your hands). Offers good enough shock protection. Good price ($9.99)

Spigen Rugged Armor Resilient TPU Case: Very beautiful design with carbon fiber. Very soft to the touch matte surface (like a baby's butt) although more slippery. Comfortable to hold. Medium sized thickness. Price is worth it ($9.99 - $14.99)

MikeyBugs95

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I actually got the Poetic Revolution case. I like it but air bubbles keep forming under the screen protector and I'm not sure how to deal with them.

I think I'll look into other cases. I can't stand the bubble under the screen. If possible I'd like to simply remove the plastic screen protector and replace it with a glass one. I don't know if that's possible, though.

Last edited:

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Spiegen Tough armour black is a excellent case. Very grippy and perfect button placement. This is now my go to. Still have use the Bolt series from time to time.
On a different note if anyone wants to trade cases I would be interested . Keeps us from having to purchase additional cases. Just an idea

MikeyBugs95

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
How deep is the camera well on that case? And I'd definitely be interested in trading cases

Also, can the plastic screen protector on the Poetic Revolution case be removed and a tempered glass screen put in its place?

Last edited:

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Spiegen and Zizo Bolt series have deep cutouts for the fps and camera. I'll post a pick of all my cases I am willing to trade later today. There's only 3 that I for sure use all the time. All others are game.

MikeyBugs95

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
If possible I think, just to be safe, that this should be taken to PM. I'm not sure how strict the rules here are on dealing in threads.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I love Tech 21 and have both white and black Evo Checks. As you know, they're not OtterBox-level protection but I find them more than adequate while still be attractive.

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Spiegen and Zizo Bolt series have deep cutouts for the fps and camera. I'll post a pick of all my cases I am willing to trade later today. There's only 3 that I for sure use all the time. All others are game.

Sorry for being late with cases. I've been extremely busy. Here they are

Attachments

• 47970.jpg
    47970.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 22

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463