What do you think?

MikeyBugs95

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I recently finished designing this case and some renders. What do you think? The case is designed to be 3D Printed so bulk had to be kept down and it made a simplified. It's not designed to be protective, as you can see, but the camera is protected a bit.
View attachment 249060
9471.jpg

Yes, speaker, headphone, and charge openings are all there but obscured by a dark area of the render. Also the cross-hatchings on the case are not designed-in area's but simply the render lighting I used reflecting off the selected material appearance.

zorian99

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
looks nice but what is it made of i know nothing about 3d printing...hard plastic? rubber? Is it grippy? having it grippy is probably my most important feature

MikeyBugs95

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
It'd be printed by way of sintering. Material would be a slightly hard, flexible nylon. I'm not sure how grippy it is, though. There are two versions of the material offered by the site I use: polished and regular. The regular has a very grainy texture and would be very grippy but the polished is rather smooth but I think still rather grippy.

MikeyBugs95

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I actually needed to move the camera/FPS down a millimeter and a half. It's finished but I have yet to buy an example.

MikeyBugs95

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I'd hope they would do it with more rugged cases. What I've done is merely an aesthetic type case and not at all designed to be rugged or provide the same levels of protection as rugged type cases. I think I have seen a total of one case with covers over the camera.