My pick: Best TPU case for V20

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
#1 for most lightweight design, softest grip, and most tactile volume buttons:

TUDIA Ultra Slim Carbon Fiber Design Lightweight [TAMM] TPU Bumper Shock Absorption Case for LG V20 (Black)

20170621_151150.jpg
20170621_151208.jpg
20170621_151318.jpg
20170621_151220.jpg

I love how thin and slim this case is, very low profile. Volume button keys are raised and separated so that you won't accidentally press the volume buttons; feels very tactile compared to the rest. Sides has textured grid design for better grip. Feels very nice in hand, the material is very soft, not too hard when you squeeze it. One of the slimmest TPU case you can get, the case definitely covers the camera bump, though it's ALMOST flush. Cool design. Only issue is that the charging port sometimes can be blocked, but I haven't had any issues with that. Also the tiny raised arrows on the back can feel uncomfortable sometimes, though it provides protection by raising the phone up. I also dislike the annoying arch logo, it's Tudia's signature design.. kind of an eyesore. Overall, a well rounded case that not only looks good but provides protection and grip all while being very thin and soft to the touch. I actually use this case the most.

#1 for protection, curved comfort, and award winning design:

Spigen Rugged Armor LG V20 Case with Resilient Shock Absorption and Carbon Fiber Design for LG V20 2016 - Black

20170621_151435.jpg
20170621_151451.jpg
20170621_151540.jpg
20170621_151515.jpg

Nice TPU case.. possibly the highest quality and near flawless design. Probably the best design IMO, Spigen ALWAYS pay attention to details with their cases and they don't disappoint; it's the most detailed and high quality case for the V20.. the case fitment is near perfect. This one actually feels the most comfortable due to the smooth rounded edges all around including the FPS cut out, which is curved nicely. Hole cut outs are perfect and large enough to fit the USB C cable or auxiliary jack. Solid build and a smooth surface but some report that it doesn't provide enough grip and can be slippery. Thick enough to provide adequate protection without too much bulk, however it's thicker than the two cases mentioned here. Spigen has updated their case so now the volume buttons are separated and you won't accidentally press them so easily. It's a little too thick for my taste since I prefer thin cases, however, I love how it feels in the hand and I enjoy using this case from time to time.. it's just so comfortable and smooth.. very natural and non-obtrusive, especially the curved fingerprint scanner cutout.

#1 for slimmest fit, grease resistance, and guaranteed best grip:

Obliq Flex Pro Case for LG V20 (Black)

20170621_151741.jpg
20170621_151723.jpg
20170621_151813.jpg
20170621_151801.jpg

Probably the slimmest of them all, feels slimmer than the Tudia TAMM case.. one reason why I really like this case. The entire surface has grid pattern design for the best grip experience out of all other cases; it feels very great in the hand and you're almost guaranteed to not have it slip out your hands. The matte grid pattern is also highly resistant to oils, preventing greasy buildup on the case. The top and bottom rear is raised for added protection​ when you lay it flat on a surface. Military grade standard and tested survive drops. Made in Korea. The only thing that bothers me is fingerprint scanner hole can be uncomfortable since it's raised a bit so it doesn't feel natural unlike the curved Spigen. There's also a design flaw with the volume buttons, they can accidentally be triggered easily if your hand is too close to it. Another flaw is the headphone jack cutout sometimes isn't big enough for some of the larger 3.55mm jacks so you may have to take off the case. The case is also very stiff since its a tight and slim fitting case, making it a tad bit uncomfortable in the hand, however it does feel solid. The charging port can bother your resting pinky finger since it's kinda sharp (#1 reason why I don't use this case often). Though one more positive thing about this case is that it too, like the Spigen, pays attention to the details and it's very symmetrical so it looks very good how everything is lined up nicely. I don't use this case that much due to how uncomfortable it is compared to the others, however it indeed has the best grip so it's best suited for when I go outdoors and need that reliable grip. **UPDATE: I dropped my V20 with the Obliq case on it from 5 feet onto the hard cement sidewalk.. the V20 was untouched. The case only suffered a very tiny mark on the corner. This case definitely lives up to its military grade standard!

I equally enjoy all three: the Tudia TAMM case, the Spigen Armor, and the Obliq Flex Pro.. the TAMM and Flex Pro both are extremely thin and provide the best grip though they can feel a bit uncomfortable sometimes (ESPECIALLY the Flex Pro). I really enjoy the comfort and design of the Spigen case since the case is curved on all corners, making it feel natural in the hand but the case itself is thicker compared to the other two, killing the slim experience of the V20. I guess you can say the Tudia TAMM case is somewhere inbetween the Flex Pro and Spigen.. I find myself using the TAMM case the most due to its softness, thinness, side grip, and overall comfort.

Last edited:

mrdave570

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
I still have found nothing better then the BODYGUARDZ.

I like the Bodyguardz too but it felt like I was holding a brick to my ear when I was calling people. It was a little slippery for me too. It made my V20 feel heavier than it was and I had to take it out of my front pocket whenever I sat down. I know it is very protective but the size/weight was too much. I have the Obliq now and am loving it. Not slippery at all.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I like the Bodyguardz too but it felt like I was holding a brick to my ear when I was calling people. It was a little slippery for me too. It made my V20 feel heavier than it was and I had to take it out of my front pocket whenever I sat down. I know it is very protective but the size/weight was too much. I have the Obliq now and am loving it. Not slippery at all.
I just took my phone out of my BODYGUARDZ case to clean it and I was like wow... This phone is thin out of the case. I have some thinner cases....I don't think they protect near as well but I may switch around for summer. And yes, its uncomfortable holding phone to your ear.

kenrico

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I got the Spigen Rugged Armor LG V20 Case - thought it was going to be 'bulky' with all that mil-spec tested protection but it actually almost feels too slim .

Headphone jack cutout is a bit wider than the VRS I was looking at too .

Kenny

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I like the Obliq case too. Very thin. The V20 is already military grade so no need for all that protection. The Bodyguardz is hard to find online actually, and it's actually pretty thick. I do however love that smooth line texture on the back of the Bodyguardz case, as well as the antimicrobial effects.

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I’m a little late to the game I’m just getting my v20 now. Thank you for this I bought the oblique on Walmarts site for 10 bucks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance