LG V20 concept renders by OnLeaks

deuceja

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I assuming they are trying to bring back the look of the HTC G1 LOL. Maybe it's Berger to hold in one hand where the curve sits well in one's palm or its at that degree to better hold for photos or its all part of the modular renders that LG has them again it could be like a boomerang for when we want to throw it away if they have failed us it'll come right back lol Honestly there's no telling, but it doesn't look that bad in my opinion

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I assuming they are trying to bring back the look of the HTC G1 LOL. Maybe it's Berger to hold in one hand where the curve sits well in one's palm or its at that degree to better hold for photos or its all part of the modular renders that LG has them again it could be like a boomerang for when we want to throw it away if they have failed us it'll come right back lol Honestly there's no telling, but it doesn't look that bad in my opinion
Lol so much going on with your statement there. We're getting closer to the announcement and I'm off that day so cool. I gotta say though if the V20 flops I plan on keeping the V10 and I have a few accessories lined up for battery life to purchase. If the iPhone 7 Plus actually has an amazing camera and really finds a way to create an optical zoom effect and maybe use a new wider aperture sensor I may consider but only as a last resort.

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
So i don't want to get my hopes up or anything but i was just checking lg display's website and i came across this page .Mobile Display - Products - Product / Technology | LG Display
the page has something new called Full Screen Display (External Menu Bar)??? second screen is that you? anyway it also says it should increase screen-to-body ratio and stuff. Do you guys think is for the V20? BTW can any one enhance the v20 teaser released today?

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys follow lgusamobile on Instagram as they are dropping hints and photos taken with the V20 leading up to the announcement.
b0b36e4b1e193f28cd9dab7e765a324f.jpg
6b2d2e84fe1dc24c4001feb9c9a963e5.jpg

Edit:apparently my screenshots are low resolution so go see for yourself.

Last edited:

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I was expecting something a little more concrete. So far the renders give us the best idea what the phone will look like.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Well, so much for the V20. I will be sticking with my V10 for as long as possible. Back to side buttons? Great way to diminish your device.

And if it is going to follow with the chiclet design of the G5, then a case is an absolute necessity to fix that.

Posted via the Android Central App

deuceja

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Well, so much for the V20. I will be sticking with my V10 for as long as possible. Back to side buttons? Great way to diminish your device.

And if it is going to follow with the chiclet design of the G5, then a case is an absolute necessity to fix that.

This rant i agree with. It doesn't make sense for them to go to a device that was one of the reason y they are releasing this device 10 months after the original device. I just hope LG has something greater up there sleeve besides being the first phone released with 7.0 that is simply not enough to sell the device.

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Probably my biggest fear with the V20 is that it will be a total departure from the V10 instead of improving on it. There's a lot to like about the V10 but it had a few glaring flaws, like the battery life and speaker. I would have been more than happy if they just took the V10 as is and improved upon it instead of re-designing the phone from the ground up, which is what it appears they're doing with the V20 based off the renders.

As far as button placement goes, if the volume buttons are indeed moved back to the side of the phone then I personally won't have an issue with this. Yeah, I would prefer they kept it like the G3, G4 and the V10 because I like the sides of the phone clean but I've gotten used to the volume rocker on the side with the S7 Edge, so this wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. I think the things that would keep me from buying the V20 would be overall build quality...if it's not as durable as the V10, modular design like the G5, lack of expandable memory, replaceable battery or IR blaster. Pretty much if the phone is just a larger version of the G5 then not interested. I'd go back to the V10 before I'd consider the V20 if that happens.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I agree about the speaker. One of the things that sold me on my G4 was the phenomenally loud speaker, which the V10 does not have. Battery life has never been an issue for me.

If LG has gone back to the standard button setup, then I will pass. Everyone is used to that on some level, but that's not the same as it being an improvement.

Over the last year, I have not once maxed out the volume, muted the volume, or turned my phone screen off by accident because I was holding it in my hand. Side buttons have been around forever, but that doesn't mean that they can't be improved upon.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Probably my biggest fear with the V20 is that it will be a total departure from the V10 instead of improving on it. There's a lot to like about the V10 but it had a few glaring flaws, like the battery life and speaker. I would have been more than happy if they just took the V10 as is and improved upon it instead of re-designing the phone from the ground up, which is what it appears they're doing with the V20 based off the renders.

As far as button placement goes, if the volume buttons are indeed moved back to the side of the phone then I personally won't have an issue with this. Yeah, I would prefer they kept it like the G3, G4 and the V10 because I like the sides of the phone clean but I've gotten used to the volume rocker on the side with the S7 Edge, so this wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. I think the things that would keep me from buying the V20 would be overall build quality...if it's not as durable as the V10, modular design like the G5, lack of expandable memory, replaceable battery or IR blaster. Pretty much if the phone is just a larger version of the G5 then not interested. I'd go back to the V10 before I'd consider the V20 if that happens.

My concerns too.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Maybe its the case but it appears the V20 will also have steel side rails?

That's what I thought. It definitely looks like a gold metal side rail. With the case being clear, it shouldn't cause it to look like that without it actually being there. For some reason the rails don't wrap all the way around (can't see them from the back.)

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I think it looks sharp actually. But what's with the gray bars at the top and bottom of the screen.

If they kept with the modular design, they might've needed to make the chin bigger to make it removable. I really hope they didn't do that and shrink the screen like they did from the g4 to g5.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Yeah. But it almost looks like the great bars were on the screen itself not part of the housing. I know it's just a render though. If the screen has a constant great bar on the screen I won't dig it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey