I really hope LG delivers!

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Went to my local T-Mobile store today to get hands on with the Note 7. I have 1 Jump on Demand left to use until November and I've pretty much decided I'll be getting the Note 7 or the V20. Well, after messing around with the Note 7 for a bit I wasn't overly impressed. I like big phones and the Note 7 almost looked smaller than my S7 Edge even with a 5.7" screen. I also prefer a flat screen to a curved one and while the curves were less pronounced on the Note 7, they were still there.

Then I saw the V10 and even though I used to own one I found myself messing around with it. I sorta regret replacing it with the S7 Edge.....I don't miss the horrible battery life but that build quality, buttons on the back and 2nd screen....yeah, I miss those features quite a bit. In fact, I told the T-Mobile rep that I liked the V10 more than the Note 7. If I'm buying a big phone with a big screen I'm not expecting it to feel like a small phone with a 5" screen and it be something that easily fits into my pocket. If I wanted that type of phone I would stick with a 5" screen. The V10 was built like a tank and felt good in the hand and could easily be used without a case. The Note 7 or the S7 series? I'm afraid to use it without a case. I actually had to put a Spigen tough armor case on the S7E so I could grip it better and didn't feel like I was going to break it.

If LG doesn't deliver with the V20 I might just end up going back to the V10. Yeah, pretty crazy idea to go back to an older phone with a slower processor....but then again we may never see a phone built like the V10 was, ever again.....and with all the features companies seem to be moving away from(like an IR blaster). Guess we'll find out in a couple more weeks!

missouriexile

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
All my hopes pinned on the v20
All smartphone impressions are personal and subjective.
That said, I can't bring myself to like the note 7. The curved screen and fixed battery don't fit my needs. What good is the curved screen?
I'm sure they measure the screen size around the curves. So, 5.7 isn't really 5.7.

LG must come through with the v20.
I'm on a g4 now and happy. I want a slightly bigger screen, slightly bigger (& removable) battery.
SD slot. Dual lense camera on the back. Improved camera (not complaining about the g4 camera) .
NOUGAT, out of the box.
They are so close to the perfect smartphone, please don't screw it up.
Just my 2 cents. Thanks for putting up with the rant.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bankz111

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
All my hopes pinned on the v20
All smartphone impressions are personal and subjective.
That said, I can't bring myself to like the note 7. The curved screen and fixed battery don't fit my needs. What good is the curved screen?
I'm sure they measure the screen size around the curves. So, 5.7 isn't really 5.7.

LG must come through with the v20.
I'm on a g4 now and happy. I want a slightly bigger screen, slightly bigger (& removable) battery.
SD slot. Dual lense camera on the back. Improved camera (not complaining about the g4 camera) .
NOUGAT, out of the box.
They are so close to the perfect smartphone, please don't screw it up.
Just my 2 cents. Thanks for putting up with the rant.

Well, it turns out that the v20 will be granting everything you've wished of. As for me, I want those with the ticker display, a full on metallic body, and especially a revamped UI (seriously LG) then round it off with 6gb ram, any unique/special feature and a monster battery then I'll be all over the V20 and I literally mean all over.

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Well, it turns out that the v20 will be granting everything you've wished of. As for me, I want those with the ticker display, a full on metallic body, and especially a revamped UI (seriously LG) then round it off with 6gb ram, any unique/special feature and a monster battery then I'll be all over the V20 and I literally mean all over.

Same! And I'd be willing to spend a little more for those features as well. If this phone has a full metal body, removable back, 6gb RAM, 4000mAh battery, 2nd screen then I'd be willing to spend $650 to $700 on this phone. It still puts it $250 under what Samsung is charging for the Note 7.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Went to my local T-Mobile store today to get hands on with the Note 7. I have 1 Jump on Demand left to use until November and I've pretty much decided I'll be getting the Note 7 or the V20. Well, after messing around with the Note 7 for a bit I wasn't overly impressed. I like big phones and the Note 7 almost looked smaller than my S7 Edge even with a 5.7" screen. I also prefer a flat screen to a curved one and while the curves were less pronounced on the Note 7, they were still there.

Then I saw the V10 and even though I used to own one I found myself messing around with it. I sorta regret replacing it with the S7 Edge.....I don't miss the horrible battery life but that build quality, buttons on the back and 2nd screen....yeah, I miss those features quite a bit. In fact, I told the T-Mobile rep that I liked the V10 more than the Note 7. If I'm buying a big phone with a big screen I'm not expecting it to feel like a small phone with a 5" screen and it be something that easily fits into my pocket. If I wanted that type of phone I would stick with a 5" screen. The V10 was built like a tank and felt good in the hand and could easily be used without a case. The Note 7 or the S7 series? I'm afraid to use it without a case. I actually had to put a Spigen tough armor case on the S7E so I could grip it better and didn't feel like I was going to break it.

If LG doesn't deliver with the V20 I might just end up going back to the V10. Yeah, pretty crazy idea to go back to an older phone with a slower processor....but then again we may never see a phone built like the V10 was, ever again.....and with all the features companies seem to be moving away from(like an IR blaster). Guess we'll find out in a couple more weeks!

I agree, the Note 7 felt smaller in my hand and the Gorilla Glass 5 felt like plastic (imo) - I didn't like that feeling. I'm hoping the V20 will be a viable alternative to the Note 7. I like the V10, I never owned a LG product but I liked the V10 a lot. However, the 808 was not worth the switch from my beloved Note 4.

So if the V20 doesn't live up to my moderate hopes, I'll be going to the Note 7.

missouriexile

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey! 6gb of ram....
I mean, sure, the more the merrier but, my first p.c. (radio shack), got by on 16K... (and cost $1000.)
I suspect that anything over 2gb is superfluous. Seriously.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I really hope LG delivers as well but if they don't me and my V10 will strive forward.lol But as a camera enthusiast, I'm really interested in the new tech they are going to use for the V20's camera. And excellent battery life this time. Nothing kills a great day of shooting picture and video like a dying battery. And then you switch the battery and that one dies off too. Being able to swap batteries kind of makes up for poor battery life but when the fully charged spare can't take you the distance that's pretty embarrassing. All things you put up with when you find a phone you love though.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Even though, as of today, I no longer own the V10 (gave it back on JOD), I hope the V20 is an awesome device. More high quality devices on the market just pushes innovation and it's good for us, the consumers.

For now, I'm really enjoying my Note 7 but keeping up with all the V20 announcements.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site

What is your specific issue with the UI? As far as OEMs go, this is by far my favorite. Fairly clean and uninterrupted, unlike TouchWiz. I would prefer to be able to change some of the shortcuts in the Second Screen, but that is pretty minimal.

Now, if they would just put the buttons back where they are supposed to, I might be open to the V20 instead of the V30

NeuBreed

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Although I probably won't be getting the V20, I have had the V10 only since December. I am excited to see what LG is going to do with the V20, I really like my V10 and hope LG doesn't screw up what they've accomplished with it. Please get that battery life up.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Even though, as of today, I no longer own the V10 (gave it back on JOD), I hope the V20 is an awesome device. More high quality devices on the market just pushes innovation and it's good for us, the consumers.

For now, I'm really enjoying my Note 7 but keeping up with all the V20 announcements.

Same boat here. I enjoyed the V10 with the exception of the battery life. Great camera and I loved the back buttons. I don't see myself getting it, but I am a fan of LG and want them to succeed. Like you said, the more innovative ideas they come out with the better. Keep Samsung from sitting on their laurels and have more high end options for consumers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR